Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carla17_gw

People with Dachshund babies

carla17
16 years ago

Please share some pictures of your minis and non minis.

Carla

Comments (27)

• cincy_city_garden
    16 years ago

The post I've been waiting for :)

We have 3 miniature wirehaireds (left to right) Hannah, Gracie, and Maggie.

{{gwi:202830}}

Gracie
    {{gwi:202831}}

That's all I have online now. Looking forward to seeing others' dachsies!

Eric

• RosariumRob
    16 years ago

Sweet dogs!. Do they call them 'sausage on four legs' in the US too? Nice Echinacea in the second pic, Eric!

Rob

• mommymisty04
    16 years ago

Thi is my mini, Winston. The second picture is of him giving a big wet kiss to my son, Scotty. I use it as the wallpaper of my computer. LOL

{{gwi:202832}}

{{gwi:202833}}

• carla17
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Cute cute babies. I have a real weakness for dogs. I have three myself, not Dachshund but dog babies nonetheless.
    Thank you both for the pictures.

Carla

• tampafred
    16 years ago

Here's our mini Doxie babies, Buckley and Penny.

{{gwi:202834}}

• spicymeadow
    16 years ago

This is our mini Lucy.
    She found us during an ice storm in December and this pic was taken for her "found" flyers...
    After finding her owners and having them tell us that they didn't want her, we decided she was the perfect fit for our family.
    She now has a collar, all the squeeky toys she can stand and a family who loves her...
    {{gwi:202835}}

• susan4952
    16 years ago

Oh, don't get us started on dog pix. Dark Lady requested a "Let's Play" post in the dead of winter, and it was great fun and then we got YELLED at by the forum police.LOL

• wpooh
    15 years ago

here are my babies..

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk171/wpooh53/MyBabies.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:202821}}

• wpooh
    15 years ago

Can someone tell me how to upload pics directly into my message or just the LINK name not addy? Where is the test page to practice uplaoding pics before I post? Is there a way to get to the PET forum w/o going to the HOME forum first?

• alisande
    15 years ago

If these are minis, how large is a standard Dachshund?

• aggierose
    15 years ago

My husband had a standard at one time. It weighed about 35 pounds, but it was a little overweight.

• caflowerluver
    15 years ago

Here is my little lap dog, Elvira. She is suppose to be a mini but is more a tweenie, and is a tad bit on the overweight side. Needs more exercise chasing lizards in my garden.
    For more pictures you can see her album at Photobucket.
    Clare

{{gwi:202836}}

• rosesnpots
    15 years ago

The stare down: Featuring Oscar the Dachshund and Lucia the Bengal.

{{gwi:202841}}

• iluvgardens
    15 years ago

This post is my cup of tea! We have three doxies, they are our babies. We love them so much!
    They are Megan Roweina, red, 6 pounds, 10yrs old
    Kaiser Max, black and tan, 13 pounds, 16yrs old
    Teddy Bear, chocolate, 14 pounds, 6yrs old.
    Like potato chips, we think you just can't have one.
    Linda (Sorry so large picture, couldn't figure out how to make smaller)
    {{gwi:202842}}

• carla17
    Original Author
    15 years ago

So cute, all the puppies.
    Iluvgardens, yours look pretty small.
    I like the kitty/doggie stand off.

Carla

• amare_al_giardino
    15 years ago

I'm new to your forum but couldn't resist your dachshund post. May I please join in the fun? We are about to be the new owners of a doxie baby of 8 wks. Her name is Jovie.
    {{gwi:202843}}

{{gwi:202844}}

• cincy_city_garden
    15 years ago

Iluvgardens, as you can see in my earlier post, we have 3 too! :)

They are a little addictive. We followed the logic of, if you have 2, what's 3?

Amare, Jovie is cute baby! Welcome to the world of dachshunds...your life will be for the better. They are great dogs.

Eric

• carla17
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Adorable Jovie.

Carla

• iluvgardens
    15 years ago

I just love looking at all of your doxie pictures! Jovie is such a pretty baby! Eric, you are right, that was our logic too. We had two, so whats one more!
    Linda
    {{gwi:202845}}

• Zyperiris
    15 years ago

This made me a bit sad. My parents always had dachsunds. My father retired..by that time their two dogs had passed. Dad was at odds with his free time and he was driving my mother nutty. My sister who lived with them decided that she would give my father a dog for Xmas. She asked him one Saturday to take a drive with her. They live in Costa Mesa California. The puppies were in San Diego. She would not tell him where they were going. When she found the neighborhood and parked, Dad was completely confused. She turned off the engine and looked at him and said "Dad, Merry Christmas, this lady has doxie puppies". She said all her life she will never forget the look on Dad's face. A little boy look of wonder on Xmas morn, mixed with fear as well. When they left they had TWO dogs. The lady had three puppies. One needed a hernia operation. That left the two girls. He could not take one and leave the other. When they got home my sister went in the house with one dog..Mom was shocked..then dad walked in with the second. She was so angry. They had just gotten new carpeting. LOL She got over it of course. Would you believe me when I tell you that one of those dogs kept the house from burning down? When my Mom was dying at home..when she even moved those dogs would bark and wake up my Dad or Sister if she had nodded off. They knew she was very ill. She passed 4 years ago. My Dad has stayed alive because he lives for those dogs. He is still angry Mom went first. He lived for her. Now you want to talk about spoiled dogs..he cooks their food from scratch. Those doxies have kept him smiling all these years. What a blessing.

• mbuckmaster
    15 years ago

OK, couldn't resist this thread. I usually only lurk in this forum; hardy ever post, but had to share my own babies:

{{gwi:202846}}

Zoey on the left, Archibald on the right. They get along great!...Zoey loves the doggy kisses whenever he sneaks them in. =)

One more; Zoey with our other mini short-haired, Anderson:

{{gwi:202847}}

• carla17
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Your baby steals the show. Cute doggie too.

Carla

• wpooh
    15 years ago

My babies Willow and Longfellow

{{gwi:202848}}

• wpooh
    15 years ago

Gertrude

{{gwi:202849}}

• russellmuegge
    15 years ago

Pictures of kids and dogs....can't help but love both of them. I have a dog, but I'm 60 years old and still don't have any grand children. I don't believe there will be any for quite awhile.

• aliska12000
    15 years ago

wpooli, there is a thread that tells how to post photos from photobucket. It's on this forum titled "I'm really getting frustrated." Sorry I don't know where the test forum is. Preview to make sure it is there works just as well for testing.

I was going to post it for you, but it is too wide, would make many people like me with a 17" monitor have to scroll. That ruins the whole thread for me trying to scroll to read all the text but understand that some don't know any better, didn't know for sure myself until recently why. For the web, I think the widest I've ever posted here was 900 px but once I did post a bigger one, changed it on my end by resizing and switching it with the oversized one, and fixed the whole thread thereafter, at least for me.

• sc_gardener
    15 years ago

Great pics people. We used to own 2 longhaired red "tweens" which were big miniatures. 15 lbs. Standards can go up to 35 lbs. Those are harder to locate since the trend is to breed for smaller minis and for coats.

I miss ours, both lived to age 17 and were the sweetest doggies. They ruled our house though. You have to make sure the dachsies do not take over your house. They will! We are not in a position right now to get dogs again, but maybe soon.

Ours were big lickers and were great with all kids. It is definitely our breed of choice. Rollicking personalities and big clowns.

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH