Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My first Daffy !!!

Posted by zeffyrose_pa6b7 6b7 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 22, 07 at 10:10

Just wanted to share our first Daffy this year----the Crocus have been blooming and it looks like spring is here --Whooppee

The crocus have been blooming for about a week or so.

Happy Spring,

Florence

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My first Daffy !!!

That daffodil bloom is just like a little ray of sunshine, how pretty! Enjoy that nice weather : )

hugs
Annie

o

I like your little green vase. It's very antique-y looking & cute.

Cheers,
Michelle

o

I love your cheery daffodil, Florence, but I also love it when you show vases of flowers because we can see a tiny bit of your home's interior - always so pretty and homey looking! :-)

Anne

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 23, 07 at 11:15

Florence, that's beautiful. And something I've never been able to do - cut my flowers and bring them indoors :)

We have the luxury of a bulb farm not far from town though...since the bulbs are the crop and the flowers are the by-product, them sell them for almost nothing (taking pre-orders for the bulbs as they display and sell the flowers).

Prices have escalated to $1.35 per dozen stems this year, but my friend took her pre-school class there on a field trip this week and the 4 yr olds were given the price of $1. Easier for 4 yr olds to count, one paper bill or 4 quarters.....

o

Anne----I had to chuckle -------My home is usually so cluttered it is difficult to find a spot to take a picture--Here is a picture when the girls were here for tea----had to hide all "MY STUFF"----LOL

Florence

o

Florence:
You are a lucky duck! I haven't seen any daffys in my neck of the woods yet!
Enjoy!!

o

Hmmm, let's see. I'll take the cuckoo clock, the blue dishes and that beautiful vase with the pink roses. BTW, what time is tea served?

Your things are just beautiful. Everything!

Rosemary

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 23, 07 at 18:01

Oh, are we getting to choose?

Then I'll take the lovely windows with their view, and Florence to come along and keep the curtains fresh and pressed :)

o

So, wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all show up at Florence's door for tea! What a wonderful afternoon *that* would be.
(I still say it's pretty and homey, Florence!) ;-)

AC

o

You are all welcome for tea----As long as I don't have to clean or hide the clutter ----LOL !!!!!!!I have some lovely cobwebs---LOL

Morz----those curtains don't need to be ironed ---I got them at Boscovs--just wash and put them right back up

Florence

o

Oh Florence, a daffodil already? Mine are barely popping out of the ground. It's lovely! And so is your tea room. Enjoy.

LIR

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here