Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zeffyrose

Good Morning Thurs.

zeffyrose
16 years ago

Just dropped in this morning --Trying to catch up on everyone.

I don't see many of my old friends-----I hope you are all OK--

Where is Celeste----Susan---Pagan----Pete--Rozanna-- and many other regulars ????

I'm still not walking very well----back and forth between wheelchair and the cane--

My DD is getting stronger all the time (it has been a very sad period for her)

It has been 7 long months--

I'm looking forward to spring---We do have some crocus and daffys trying to bloom

I hope some of you strangers check in-----

Have a Happy Easter everyone-----

Florence

Comments (7)

• kathwhit
    16 years ago

Hi Flo, I'm strange, but not a stranger.

I am getting ready for spring vacation here. It will be so nice to have a week off. We are also having Daffs bloom, and also flowering plum trees and the wisteria is blooming (late this year). My DH and DS built me a new bed and I planted 3 climbing roses, some clematis and perennials. I have about 2 inches of new growth on my freshly pruned roses.

I have been enjoying watching Idol and Dancing w/ the stars and there is a new show on the History Channel called "Axmen". It shows logging operations in Oregon. This is so typical of the area where I live. Lots of log trucks, mills, friends who are loggers or work in the industry. If you want to see beautiful Oregon, watch this show.

My DS who is a Sr. applied to colleges all over the country, so we are anxiously awaiting word of where, if any, he has been accepted.

My ankles are practically healed and I am wearing skirts and nice shoes to work again. Freddy and I are back to walking in the dark and rain in the morning. I am sorry your healing is taking so long, Florence. I will keep you in my prayers.
    Hope others respond and tell how they are doing this spring.
    Happy Easter to everyone.
    Fondly
    Kathy

• carol_se_pa_6
    16 years ago

Hello Florence:
    I am glad to hear from you but feel badly that you aren't healing as quickly as you would like. I hope you make a trip to LBI this summer and stop by. I don't know where everyone is hiding these days - hopefully in their gardens! I think that Pete is visiting Disney! Too bad, he is always funny! Take care and happy Easter!

• kathy9norcal
    16 years ago

Hi Florence! I too am strange. I have been home with the flu for 2 days, thus more postings when I have a little energy. Hopefully, the upcoming warm weather will make you feel better and heal faster. I know I always feel better in warm weather.
    Hope you Easter is enjoyable!
    Kathy

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    16 years ago

Hi Zeffy! It's so good to see you posting - I think about you and keep hoping you are feeling better, even baby steps at a time.

We've got some early spring blooming things giving us some color, and bulbs, but it's been so darn chilly and wet it's hard to get out and enjoy them - feels very much like our winter for it really being mid-March. I hope your Spring weather arrives and brings you some warmth soon.

I just finished 4 long days of tax prep and have all the material ready for our accountant...what a relief that is, and WHY do I put it off so late every year and cause myself stress :(

We're having Easter a day early so all my family can meet and be together - at a restaurant too, no cooking! I hope you will be doing something you enjoy and will delegate any work to someone else so you just keep healing. Let us know how your weekend goes.....Hugs, Maureen

• catkim
    16 years ago

Hi Florence. I'm more of an irregular than a regular, but one of your fans. You are such a trooper. If you feel like taking a nap, take a nap.

{{gwi:202919}}

"Don't bug me, I'm shleeping."

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    16 years ago

Hi Florence! I was off to southern Michigan babysitting for my granddaughter for almost a week and then came down with a very bad cold when I returned. It really knocked me off my feet and I ended up missing most of last week at work. I was even too sick to want to come here and visit - now that's sick!! ;-)

I've been following your update notes on your recovery and I'm sorry it's been such a slow struggle. I am glad to hear however that your daughter is making progress. Time, that's what it takes...Time. I hope you and your family have a delightful Easter!
    Hugs,
    Anne

• celeste/NH
    16 years ago

Hi Florence!
    I am still here, and always reading even when I'm not posting. As you know, it has been a difficult winter for me, with Gracie still in Florida with the loser boyfriend...(how I miss her!)...my mom has Alzheimer's, Tiffany had such a traumatic thing happen and I am busy taking her to counseling to heal....now I am going in for surgery on April 2, which should keep me bedridden for a while. (And I have bareroot roses coming a week after my surgery!). We still have tons of snow up here, so even if I was well enough to plant them, I wouldn't be able to because of all the snow. Guess they will sit in buckets for a good long while!

I think about you often, and when warmer weather rolls around I am going to send you some more suckers of my "Pompom" rose. I keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and hope that you will get stronger and have less pain.

Celeste