Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Our new home

Posted by anniesbriars WestGA7b (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 12, 07 at 10:58

Hoping this works it's been ages since I've posted a pic. We moved to our new place in October. It's way out in the country in west Georgia not far from the Alabama border. I love the rolling hills in the back. The sun sets there, it's an awesome sight to behold. Here's the front of the house so bare and stark without roses I think.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

view from the back porch

The local boys and DH

The horses don't belong to us they are the Doctor's (previous owner). He built a new home behind and off to the left of us. The property was subdivided from the original 40 acres when our house went up for sale. We have 7 acres , the remainder is theirs. The shed and land is our side yard. We don't mind sharing it with the horses for the time being. The inside of the house needs work, every single wall is clad in cheap paneling, no sheet rock behind it. It's ugly but not a priority, of course the garden comes first.

Annie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Our new home

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 12, 07 at 11:27

Annie, that's lovely. A blank slate to work some magic on. (don't you wonder what the thought was behind those two lonely shrubs near the front entrance?)

I'm so envious of the space and your opportunity to make new gardens. Keep taking pictures and showing us your progress...I think you're going to have a busy and happy Spring.

o

Annie, I LOVE your back porch view. Looks very peaceful where you are. Thanks for the photos.

Carla

o
oops

I meant to say I think your "neighbors" are the best! I wouldn't get anything done for visiting them, the horses of course.

o

WOW --- what a view---and 7 acres to play with
I can't wait to see how you design your rose garden--I remember your other plan and it was lovely.
I'm so happy you are in a safe place----
If only DH and I were about 20 years younger---well maybe 30 years ------LOL----I would love to be able to start over on a clean slate
Please share your pictures.

Florence

o

I did wonder at that, the bushes seem so...disjointed. They are pretty much the extent of any landscaping that was done previously. So yes a very blank slate to work with. I haven't done much as yet. Have just started getting some of the larger roses with sprawling tendencies planted along the fence line. Maggie, blush noisette, Clair Matin, etc. Many of them are young own roots the stakes I used to mark them are bigger lol. On the south side yard my thoughts were to border the property with some of the larger tea roses.

o

It's just lovely Annie. You are lucky to have such nice neigh---bors (ha ha)
K

o

• Posted by debn 8b NW Florida (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 12, 07 at 14:02

Annie, what a gorgeous place!!! I love it!

Now you can start from scratch. Get some gorgeous roses going. How lucky you are to have that horse poop!! I envy that!!! LOL

I'm so happy you are back with us sweetie....I missed you!

Deb

o

Oh Annie, How wonderful!!! Florence told me about your posts. We wondered where you had got to.

I love your new home, and the blank slate. Your last garden was amazingly beautiful, and know you can create another awesome garden.

Glad to know all is well with you.

Love,
Brenda (viking queen)

o

LOL at the NEIGH-bors!! (snort!!) That is a gorgeous view in back, and think of the fun you can have in the front!! Doncha love having all that room??

o

Great new place Annie I can see why you love it. Congrats. Can't wait to see some garden pics, so much grass..........LOL good luck. I would love to have those horses next door to me. It is a new found passion for me, riding horses, can't get enough of that.

Valerie

o

Wiilburrrr! NEIGH-bor reminded me of Mr. Ed lol, loved that show. I am smitten with the horses, I often wander out for a little chat with them and a velvety nuzzle. I have fallen in love with the younger gelding, Cisco. He's got kind of a spunky, bad boy in charge attitude, but not in a mean way. He's always more than gentle with me. Very intelligent you can see it in his eyes. To help build up my stamina I stroll the field picking up interesting rocks for my small rock garden. He often follows, me I'm just that fascinating lol! I'll see if I can snap a pic of him to share. Psst Deb don't tell anyone but I really don't mind the smell, it just smells green and earthy to me ; ) Brenda! I'm so glad you stopped by to say hello too! How are you?

o

• Posted by debn 8b NW Florida (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 13, 07 at 12:18

Annie, I have never minded smelling horse poop either!!! Just means good strong roses and perhaps some wistful thinking on my part. I still want a horse!

Deb

o

Annie ~ Congrats on your new home, and your wonderful 7 acres of blank garden areas to fill. I love that view from your porch. DH and I have been searching via the web for property in your state and in NC. Not quite ready to move just yet, but if things happened in order that we could, we would. Haven't quite found the right place either.

FlowerLady

o

Hi Annie, just send me your address. I have to wait a couple weeks until they mature more.

Carla

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here