Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Sunset of a Different Color

Posted by anniesbriars WestGA7b (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 30, 07 at 12:02

Hi guys! Hope everyone is well and getting to play in the gardens : ) No roses in bloom here as yet but thought you might enjoy this sunset pic I took a couple of weeks ago. I very nearly missed it as I dashed for my camera. The colors were so striking and different from the normal golds, oranges, and pink sunsets. I've never seen it look so violet, blue, and magenta. I'm busy at the shovel, gardening like mad in splotches. A splotch here, a splotch there. Hopefully it'll all interconnect one day and look like an actual rose garden.

Many hugs
Annie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Sunset of a Different Color

Annie-----that is gorgeous !!!

I'm so glad you were able to capture it--

Thanks for sharing and good luck with your splotches----I know they will soon connect and make a beautiful garden---I have mental pictures of your other garden and it was gorgeous.
How is the soil on your new property----Do you have to ammend a lot or is it pretty good?

Florence

o

Thanks Florence : ) The soil here is a mixed bag. I'm finding 2 different types of ground as I dig. I'll dig a hole and it'll be orange Georgia clay, the next hole will be dark earth and more loamy just 7' away. One thing consistent is all of them have rocks, some with lots of rocks. I'm mixing the soil with a little compost, placing alfalfa pellets, bone meal and horse manure at the bottom of the hole. Everything I've planted so far seems really happy, I'm seeing growth and a few new shoots in the babies I planted just 2 weeks ago.

Annie

o

That is gorgeous! I love sunsets.

o

Oh Annie! That is one of the absolute best sunset photo's ever. May I use it as my desktop photo? I just love it!

Trish

o

Sure Trish I don't mind at all. Enjoy!

Annie

o

WOW my kinda shot just love the color the composition and that feeling it stirs in me like I need to get home I'm late for dinner.

o

Annie, I love your sunset!

Carla

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here