Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
i need computer help!!!!

Posted by andrewlina Z5 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 3, 07 at 12:21

I accidentally did something to the computer and now I lost all my pictures AND songs from Real Player & Itunes! I purchased some program for 40 bucks to restore these,no luck! Anyone have any hints or ideas for me....PLEASE! ( I have a Windows XP and I used HP photo & imaging for my pics)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: i need computer help!!!!

Do you remember being around where there are many folders showing when it happened? Any more info on what looks different would be great.

How do you usually get to where these are, and what's there now? That sort of thing would give more clues...

Putting my techie hat on ;]

o

I don't know.

Have you tried the search feature for some titles you remember? It may lead you to the answer.

Have you tried to use system restore? (not that I'm a big fan of it and it could do more damage than good--so be careful if you use it!!!)

What were you doing when they all disappeared?

Note: barring a catastrophe, those "files" are all still there. Even if they were erased, they're still there on the hard drive. The only thing that's really been totally erased, so far, is Window's knowledge of where they are and what space on the hard drive was allocated to them.

So, regardless of whether or not you can find them right away--don't give up hope and refrain from downloading or saving files until they've been recovered.

I realize my "help" is only marginally "helpful" at this point--but there is hope--you may just have to take it to a computer repair guru.

MichaelAT

o

Have you tried asking on the Computer Help forum? I am confident you will be able to set things straight somehow. After that, make sure to save your files on an external hard drive in case it happens again. Best of luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Computer Help forum

o

I think I did a system recovery accidentally,if that is possible. I downloaded "flashfixers" and cannot pull the files up. I know they are in there,I just am not that computer savvy,obviously! But thanks for all the info and tips - kepp them coming! Thanks

o

I would ask the Computer Help Forum. You can also set your computer to go back to an earlier day. I don't think that is the same thing as system restore. Do you get your internet through a cable company that could help you?

o

Looks like they've got you taken care of over on the CH forum :)

o

ok a few weeks ago i deleted my recycling bin and now i want it back i didnt mean to do it in the first place and it has a movie i want back from it can you please help me please!!!!!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here