Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My LuLu kitty died :(

Posted by meredith_e 7B Piedmont NC (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 20, 07 at 13:18

She was a very old girl, but such spunk :) Her kidneys couldn't keep up with her anymore. I remember seeing her little face greeting me after my first trip to Europe! A college kitty... how long could she stick around?? Too sad, though. Such a great, crazy cat! May she romp and hiss and smack her pals over the bridge now. And she can cuddle up behind Mom's knee at night, perhaps.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My LuLu kitty died :(

• Posted by jody 7b - NC (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 20, 07 at 15:50

I am so sorry to hear LuLu is gone. During one 18 month period I lost three cats (all of my cats). I know its tough.

You can come over and pet Lola - she is a very sweet, funny girl - always in something. Black and white like a holstein cow. She is particularly adept at stealing things. Has the softest fur.

o

I'm sorry.

o

Sorry Mere, it's tough to lose our furry friends.

Carla

o

Sorry to hear about your loss, Meredith. When you have a furry friend that long, it's hard to imagine that they won't always be there. I have to smile at your image of her romping and hissing and smacking her pals on the other side. I know the type kitty she must have been. ;-) Hugs to you,

Anne

o

OH Meredith I'm so sorry!

o

Meredith,
I'm so sorry.
Yesterday I was cleaning above the washer-dryer and found some of the medicine that the late great Snurr had during her last year. I was surprised how long ago it was, because she was such a good cat, I feel as if she lasted a lot longer than she did in years.
I expect and hope the pleasures of LuLu Kitty will remain with you.
Ann

o

• Posted by melva 7b/8aTX (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 20, 07 at 23:42

I am sorry too..our animal friends, just don't live long enough.

o

XOOXOX to you!

o

Shes rolling in fields of catmint and chasing butterflies. My heart is sad for you but atleast shes not hurting. Love and kisses.
Ang

o

• Posted by catkim San Diego 10/24 (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 21, 07 at 11:05

It's so hard losing a pet. So sorry Meredith.

o

Meredith, I am so sorry about Lulu. It is so hard to lose a pet. My thoughts are with you.
Kathy

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 21, 07 at 13:04

I'm sorry. It is terrible to lose them. One must remember how wonderful it was to have them.

o

Thank y'all so much, every single one. I'm feeling better about it today, was very depressed yesterday, deeper than in a very long time. I want to get over the first part and jump to where I can remember her without such pain.

Her full name was Galushka - Hungarian for dumpling, lol. Dad was living in Hungary at that time. Such a long time to have her! That's a great gift, for sure.

Silly Lightnin' Bug puppy is giving me some extra-silly faces, trying desperately to cheer me up and succeeeding, too :)

o

I'm sorry Meredith. It is hard to lose them.

I'm with Hoov on this one, remember how wonderful it was to have them.

MichaelAT

o

(((Hugs))) I know you will miss her and what you are going through. Lost one of mine last year at 15.5 years.

o

Thank you so much, Michael and Orchids. Today was a beautiful spring day, and I'm trying to get in a renewal mood to match. Natural cycle and all that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here