Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gnome_de_plume

lavender/mauve roses

gnome_de_plume
17 years ago

greetings, fellow rose lovers! I'm new here...and relatively new to TN. This past winter has been my first rose-growing winter here, having moved from FL in late 2005.

I recently heard we will be officially changed to zone 7 soon, but I am afraid to plant Teas and Chinas here, even though I love them. Some plants that are supposedly hardy to zone 7 have not survived the winter here but others have been thriving for years, such as Cannas.

I'd love to find a good lavender/mauve rose for my garden. If someone can suggest one, I'd very much appreciate it. I'd like it to have very full, preferably cupped, old-fashioned looking blooms, a rich rosy/mauve/lavender color, strong old-rose fragrance, be reliably hardy, disease resistant and vigorous...and also be good for cut flowers. I know that's asking much...but there must be a rose out there like that.

I planted Angel Face (own-root) last year and it did not survive the winter. I also planted three of the HT 'Heirloom' roses, two own-root, one grafted...and the grafted one looks half dead. The own-root ones are ok but seem to have suffered from the winter.

Comments (6)