Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zeffyrose

Finally some good news to report !!!!Mon.

zeffyrose
16 years ago

I'm so happy to be able to say something positive for a change---

Seems like I'm always posting bad news----

However----I can finally say that my good days are more often than my bad days----

I haven't used the wheelchair or the walker for a few days now--( THANK GOODNESS)-----

I've been driving and even went to the store for a couple of items---using the cane of course. My DH had to go to the hospital for a brain scan and blood work due to dizzy spells--- but he is doing OK.

I do think there is finally a light at the end of this very long tunnel.

My DD is also coming along very well----

I want to thank all you lovely people for your kind words of encouragement they were all most welcome.

I do have some bad news to report ---I lost one of my oldest and dearest friends (Helen)----the funeral was last Sat.---very sad---she was a little younger than I and had a sad life---One of these days I will write about her life.

Celeste----I am so sad about all your problems---please keep us posted about your surgery--your daughter and your mom----Life can be very painful at times----

thanks again to all of you for being so supportive--

Maureen -----thanks again for the book--my son just borrowed it---He is giving a talk at one of the local garden clubs and I thought the book would be useful to him.

Thanks again--

fondly, Florence

Comments (7)

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    16 years ago

Woo Hoo! We LOVE good news, especially from you. You've been driving?! That must be a freedom you are very glad to reclaim.

I hope your DH is going to be fine, and please know I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

I'm not going to suggest you take it slowly when you've been going at a turtle's pace so many months, but please don't get too carried away and set yourself back....it is Spring, and you should have weeks of lovely weather to begin enjoying yourself again. Let me know how your son likes 'Dirty Hands' - I have to think that anyone who works with plants for a living would be a welcome friend of mine:) Hugs, Maureen

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    16 years ago

Florence, how wonderful that you're doing so much better! The bad times must have seemed like an eternity to you, but hopefully much better times are coming. It sounds as though you've made a great start. I wish you and your family all the best, with wonderful roses in your life this year, as you complete your recovery.

Ingrid

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    16 years ago

I am so glad that our Zeffyrose is recovering in time for the spring show. Please take the time to acclimate yourself to the garden routine. Begin with extended planning sessions while siting on the patio. A glass of wine will help. A few weeks in the sun will soon have you gardening at full tilt.

{{gwi:203053}}

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

Love Harry's style.:) Florence, I was so happy to hear this good news and you are finally on the way to living a normal life again and have a good rosy future ahead of you. You have been through so much and I am sure that your strength now will come in leaps and bounds, just be careful and know your limitations, because you do not want any set backs, but I think you have it by the tail. Have a wonderful summer.

I am very, very sorry to hear about your friend, very sad and I hope your husband had some good results after his brain scan. I am going for one on Thursday this week so hoping too for good results.

I did not know about Celeste having surgery, I do hope all goes well for her, hope she reads this and knows that I am thinking of her.

Take good care Zeffy,
    Love Pauline

• kathwhit
    15 years ago

Yay! Some good news at last! I know you must feel like you are finally getting out of prison to be able to get around without the chair and drive. Take it easy and enjoy the spring.

BTW, I am sincerely sorry about your friend. My thoughts are with you and your husband

Fondly
    Kathy

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    15 years ago

It's so good to hear you are feeling better! I hope you continue to improve and that your DH is feeling better as well.

• onewheeler
    15 years ago

Florence I am so happy you are able to get out a bit and smell those wonderful daffodils. Took a long time but finally you are on the road to recovery, I couldn't be happier, you are a very special lady.

Lova ya.

Valerie

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists