Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spring!!

Posted by carla17 Z7 NC (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 19, 07 at 15:00

The most wondrous time of year. I love to stroll and see the little green growth on everything. My roses seemed to benefit from the Daconil/Wilt Pruf spray to guard against the weird whacky NC weather. Life is good and spring is great and if the weeds would disappear that would be helpful.
What do you see in your gardens/yard?

Carla

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spring!!

I see more weeds then God ever created, all laughing and dancing cus they know I can't get out there to deal with them yet!! Little boogers!!

Of course, I ALSO see my recently relocated Reve D'or with buds and blossoms, my newly planted Carmoisi with a bloom, and almost everybody else beginning to bud out and showing new growth. My daffy's are almost done blooming and some of my glads and lillies (!) have begun to sprout! This is going to be an interesting spring!

o

SNOW! Lots of hungry robins trying to figure out what's going on.

o

Buds, buds and more buds. Daffies just about done. Dutch iris on now. Petals from the Bradford pears everywhere, looking like snow. Grass looking good--what grass? Scabiosa in bloom again. Wall flowers. Lovely weather, the first spring we have enjoyed in several years. So pretty!
Kathy

o

purple, yellow, & white historic irises, photos on Iris Forum Gallery.

Old Blush & Lady Banks Yellow, photos on Antique Roses Forum.

Dutch iris
Carolina Jessamine
rosemary

Apple, peach, redbud, & crabapple trees in bloom.

aaaannnnndddd...I am the queen of henbit!

o

People from warm climates should be forbidden from posting this time of year. Don't you know we northerners are in pain?

o

Harry, now you know how we feel when the CA people post those lucious pics and we have nada. I feel for you but you can grow things we can't. Trust me, I would rather be up there than here in this hot humid hole in July and August.

Carla

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here