Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The breeders have come up with another one

Posted by carla17 Z7 NC (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 7, 07 at 15:18

I was at the groomer's place and saw something very small in a cage. Pocket Poodle. I made her bring it over and it was too cute. Poor thing was cold though. I could roll over on one and kill it.

Carla

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The breeders have come up with another one

Carla, you know you would buy a little doggy baby bed if you bought one of those little guys. They max out in size around seven pounds so it would be like having a baby.

Lance

o

I have a friend who has one - the critter is 5 pounds of fur!! Cute though!

o

I love itty bitty furballs. For dogs, though, mine need to have a certain oomph to stand up to the other big guys [Istvan playing]. BeeBee is 15lbs but 10 feet tall and bulletproof ;]

o

• Posted by nova z9 Ocklawaha (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 10, 07 at 8:36

Many breeders have been jumping on the "smaller is better" bandwagon. One, who is a client at the practice I work in, has Chihuahuas that at 8 weeks of age weight 12 ozs! There is even a breeder who is now offering Miniature Dalmatians! While I understand the market for small dogs [especially here in the land of the condo - Florida] I can't help but worry about these tiny fragile pups. Most are prone to hypoglosimia, broken bones, dental disease and, of course, cool temps.
I guess the perception of these micro-breeds is that they are "forever puppies" due to their size. But I feel one should do their research before getting one and be sure of their commitment to these "special needs" dogs. Just my thoughts on the subject!

nova, Mom to two GOK medium sized dogs!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here