Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More about hip replacement !!! and DD problems.

Posted by zeffyrose_pa6b7 6b7 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 7, 08 at 15:36

I sure am getting tired of all this mess ---

Went to the Dr. on Tues. He said healing could take another month but I could put more weight on the leg and use a cane or walker.

Of course the next day I overdid it------ the pain was bad and now I'm back to using the wheelchair---

I didn't think I was overdoing it---just trying to do some cooking---organize my closet and generally cleaning up a few things.

Bob has been very good about cooking--cleaning etc. but some things I just want to do myself.

My daughter is doing OK---It has been a rough 6 months for all of us---

Hopefully things will be better when spring arrives.

Maureen ----I absolutely love this book you were kind enough to send me----It is nice to pick up and reread a favorite chapter.

Hope everyone is OK--

Can't wait for some daffys---lilacs---etc-----we do have a few crocus in bloom.

Fondly, Florence

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More about hip replacement !!! and DD problems.

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 7, 08 at 19:56

Florence, there you are! I'd been wondering when we would hear how your week and appointment went. Please don't beat yourself up for overdoing a little, I'm just sorry it resulted in pain.

If no one has told you lately, you have the patience of a saint with the way you've handled the last six months. I turned into such a control freak before and after my surgery, I wouldn't leave anything undone in getting ready or let anyone do anything for me and in hindsight, it would have been more generous to allow family and friends to help. Live and learn.

The doctor must have seen some healing in the fracture, that's such good news. Maybe you'll be more comfortable in the kitchen by Easter - that's coming up FAST this year.
Please take care, it sounds like you are on the home stretch now....and Robyn too :)

Another approach to closets, by the way, is to just close the door - that's what I do. Hugs...Morz

o
RE: More about hip replacement !!! and DD problems.

Florence,

I hope you will heal soon. Just take it easy. From what I recall, you have had a femur fracture (?), and depending on the nature of the fracture and your age, it could take up to 6 months for mending on a major bone like this. In the meanwhile, taking some extra and easy-to-absorb calcium from supplements or from food sources, and multivitamins can help to speed things up. If youre taking any osteoporosis medications, you may experience bone and muscle pain. These drugs can also affect bone healing. Your doctor can recommend a safe way to exercise the leg muscle and to improve circulation there to help with bone healing while youre sitting on a wheel chair.

Also, the stresses from a family matter that you went through could have dampened your spirit a bit, and that could affect your recovery in the past. But I think youve bypassed them and things are looking better. With warmer temperature coming, our body tends to rejuvenate and you will definitely get out of the rut.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here