Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
iowa_jade

It must be spring!

iowa_jade
17 years ago

Our two resident pair of Mallard ducks came back last night.

Are their any signs of spring in your back yard?

Comments (11)

• pete41
    17 years ago

Citrus beetles
    close to A.C. time
    Roses at their worst
    live oaks are dropping their leaves
    stupid daylight savings putting we ``morning types'' at risk as we have to brave rush hour traffic to walk or bike at daybreak
    etc.

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    17 years ago

Daffodils and forsythia, not just the winter jasmine that bloomed so much this warm winter that I think it used up all its buds.

The saucer magnolias are starting at my parent's place. So beautiful!!

I have a new big tree purchased dormant that I can't wait to bloom - a weeping double Cherry tree - subhirtsomething, I believe. Don't know if she's an early or late cherry, so it's exciting checking on her :) She was really a birthday gift, and I hope she shouts SPRING for a long, long time here.

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

Redbuds, peaches, & Bradford pears in full bloom.

historic irises blooming (they're always first):
    Crimson King first, then
    Gold Imperial or something like it,
    then iris albicans, the white cemetary iris.
    White ones just starting.

Carolina jessamine in full bloom.

& I've seen 1 bee & 1 red wasp!

• darbardi
    17 years ago

Song birds singing. Great way to wake up.

• kathwhit
    17 years ago

Dafs and flowering plums, grass so green it hurts my eyes. Frog songs all around the rushing streams and creeks and swamps. Songs of wrens and redwing blackbirds, first mowing and the smell of fresh cut grass. Yummmm
    K

• pete41
    17 years ago

By the by,I do love spring,just couldn't resist a little tongue in cheek seasonal bah humbug.lol

• athenainwi
    17 years ago

My first spring flowers are blooming today. They are the white crocuses that I planted last fall. I was so suprised to see green appearing under the melting snow.

• sam0738
    17 years ago

The snow in my yard went from 4 feet to only 2 feet deep.
    :) I can see some tips of rose bushes.

• sam0738
    17 years ago

Also , I could hear the Canadian Geese heading back. I coudn't see them with the thick fog.

• theroselvr
    17 years ago

The birds started singing 2 or 3 weeks ago, last week I heard a woodpecker. Monday I saw finches at my feeder. Crocus are starting to bloom, the daffs have heads on them. Can't wait to see if my redbud has swells.

On another note, looks like a lot of my roses sufferred damage and may see the shovel. I wasn't well enough to winter protect; oh well, it's less to dig when we move, I just hope that none of the ones I have tagged to take were damaged.

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    17 years ago

My roses are all pruned! The potted roses have emerged from the garage and are enjoying the sunshine on the back patio.