Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It must be spring!

Posted by iowa_jade 5a (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 13, 07 at 16:13

Our two resident pair of Mallard ducks came back last night.

Are their any signs of spring in your back yard?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It must be spring!

Citrus beetles
close to A.C. time
Roses at their worst
live oaks are dropping their leaves
stupid daylight savings putting we ``morning types'' at risk as we have to brave rush hour traffic to walk or bike at daybreak
etc.

o

Daffodils and forsythia, not just the winter jasmine that bloomed so much this warm winter that I think it used up all its buds.

The saucer magnolias are starting at my parent's place. So beautiful!!

I have a new big tree purchased dormant that I can't wait to bloom - a weeping double Cherry tree - subhirtsomething, I believe. Don't know if she's an early or late cherry, so it's exciting checking on her :) She was really a birthday gift, and I hope she shouts SPRING for a long, long time here.

o

Redbuds, peaches, & Bradford pears in full bloom.

historic irises blooming (they're always first):
Crimson King first, then
Gold Imperial or something like it,
then iris albicans, the white cemetary iris.
White ones just starting.

Carolina jessamine in full bloom.

& I've seen 1 bee & 1 red wasp!

o

Song birds singing. Great way to wake up.

o

Dafs and flowering plums, grass so green it hurts my eyes. Frog songs all around the rushing streams and creeks and swamps. Songs of wrens and redwing blackbirds, first mowing and the smell of fresh cut grass. Yummmm
K

o

By the by,I do love spring,just couldn't resist a little tongue in cheek seasonal bah humbug.lol

o

My first spring flowers are blooming today. They are the white crocuses that I planted last fall. I was so suprised to see green appearing under the melting snow.

o

The snow in my yard went from 4 feet to only 2 feet deep.
:) I can see some tips of rose bushes.

o
re RE: It must be spring!

Also , I could hear the Canadian Geese heading back. I coudn't see them with the thick fog.

o

• Posted by roselvr Burlington Coun (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 15, 07 at 7:50

The birds started singing 2 or 3 weeks ago, last week I heard a woodpecker. Monday I saw finches at my feeder. Crocus are starting to bloom, the daffs have heads on them. Can't wait to see if my redbud has swells.

On another note, looks like a lot of my roses sufferred damage and may see the shovel. I wasn't well enough to winter protect; oh well, it's less to dig when we move, I just hope that none of the ones I have tagged to take were damaged.

o

My roses are all pruned! The potted roses have emerged from the garage and are enjoying the sunshine on the back patio.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here