Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anniesbriars

Hello and hugs to all

anniesbriars
17 years ago

I've been away far too long, 30 lashes with a wet noodle Annie! Skimming lightly over not so light issues, family problems, personal health problems. Let me just say I'm fine, truthfully I let it all get the best of me.

Florence and I were beginning to catch up on the antique rose gallery but then we had much to say yet and I definitely needed to say hello to so many dear friends. How I've missed you! Florence had asked me about the garden. We actually moved to the country not long ago, in October. The crime rate had escalated in our old neighborhood, it was really time to move. I'm back to scratch and a bare canvas as far as gardens go. I did manage to tote my entire pot ghetto along with me, no small task hehe. I don't have all my roses but I do have starts of some of them. The house is still on the market, (yeah I know 2 house payments gulp) I'm hoping to get some cuttings started from the others yet. I do love it here in our new home lots and lots of sunny areas for lots and lots of roses. My fear is this old gardener is simply far too worn now to fill them with roses.

Hugs

Annie

Comments (15)

• carla17
    17 years ago

Gosh, it has been a while. I still remember the bookmark you sent with a Christmas card, it was so sweet. Glad you are in a safer neighborhood and with a clean garden canvas, that should be fun. Thanks for dropping in.

Carla

• paparoseman
    17 years ago

Annie you just need to find a not so old gardener to get those roses in the ground. Good to see you back, Lance.

• zeffyrose
    17 years ago

Annie---I'm so happy to see you posting again.

I'm also happy you are in a safer place-----I remember how much I loved the design of your old garden and I'm sure your new one will be just as lovely.

I hope all your health problems have been resolved so you can garden to your hearts content--
    I had back surgery---two plates and 4 screws in my back so I have to be very careful-----but I can still prune and pick bouquets so I'm happy.
    Please don't stay away again
    You have a lot of dear friends here on the Forum.
    I really missed you. Do you still have the same phone number?
    Florence

• debnfla8b
    17 years ago

Hi Annie,

I just tried to send you an email but I guess it was your old email address. It was bounced back.

I just wanted to tell ya how much I have missed talking with you. I'm really glad you are back, you are just so darn sweet!!!

I will check my pots to see if I have something rooted you can have. I think I have a couple of Archduke Charles going. I'll check tomorrow.

Do you still have my email address???

Deb

• dove_song
    17 years ago

Love 'n hugs to you Annie, girl! I am sooooo right there with you on the health and family stuff. I'll be tuckin' you and your loved ones into my prayers, tonight, dear. Remember to take extra good care of yourself, cuz there is only one you!!!

Here's another greaat big hug. (((((((((Hug!))))))))
    Debbie/Dove Song

• anntn6b
    17 years ago

Hi, Annie,
    We are, ahem, all a bit older. And holes are harder to dig and redig.
    But a blank slate is also a good thing, and there are cuttings up here near Knoxville (up US 411 to avoid Chattanooga traffic) once you get organized (or as organized as any of us get).
    It's good to see you posting again.
    Ann

• zeffyrose
    17 years ago

Annie---I forgot to add if I have any roses you need I will be happy to send some cuttings.

Florence

• User
    17 years ago

Good to hear from you!

• anniesbriars
    Original Author
    17 years ago

You are all so sweet thank you! The garden will happen it'll just take a little longer. Right now I'm in the planning stages trying to conserve what digging power I do have by planning and planting correctly the first time (how naive is that notion?). Deb and Florence I'll try to get an email off to you soon. Email addy is the same, phone number has changed. As has my coveted DSL (sigh) back to dial up out here. On a bright note I do have all the horse manure I need thanks to some new four legged neighbors. They work cheap just a few carrots and a bit of apple in exchange. I can post pics tomorrow if you all would like to see our new place.

Annie

• zeffyrose
    17 years ago

Please post pictures---How wonderful to have horses right next door-----
    Florence

• pagan
    17 years ago

Hey Annie! It is getting to be old home week around here!

• onewheeler
    17 years ago

Hey Annie great to read all your exciting news. I know how it feels to be starting over, I am too, good luck with that.

Would love to see some pics of your new soon-to-be garden and home.

Valerie

• anniesbriars
    Original Author
    17 years ago

It's so good to hear from all of you! I've been reading through some posts trying to catch up a bit. Pagan that's wonderful news about your recovery! Valerie I feel for you and am excited for you as well. Our gardens become such a part of us, it's like saying goodbye to an old friend. Florence what you must of went thru with that surgery just makes me shudder. Ouch!

I appreciate the kind offers of cuttings, y'all are so sweet! It's going to be awhile however before I can think about adding more. One of my health issues was losing a great deal of mobility in my left shoulder and arm last year. I'm just starting to get some strength and range of motion back. Hehe Lance I fear they are all no doubt tending their own gardens.

Annie

• kathwhit
    17 years ago

Annie, it's so good to hear from you. Glad you are back. I wish you a quick and complete recovery. I also have horses all around me. They are good neighbors.
    Kathy

• FlowerLady6
    17 years ago

Annie ~ It is so good to hear from you again. So glad to hear you have moved to the country. It's what you were thinking of doing when we last chatted via email. Just take each day as it comes and do your best. Your gardens will be lovely once again. Would love to see pictures of your new place.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady