Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michaelalreadytaken

Odds 'n Ends

O! The places you will go with a camera!

First there's this one of the orchards blooming. This is Vacaville. Forgot the polarizer. Oh well.

{{gwi:203250}}

Then there's this one in black & white, pouring down rain! I had more fun that day. This is Baker Beach but there were no nude sunbathers this day, which is fortunate because most of them are octagenarians... it ain't pretty if you know what I'm saying. :):):) This is also the day that I locked my keys, wallet, and cell phone in the car in the middle of this very expensive neighborhood with no stores and no payphones. Three hours and $150 later, I was on my way again. LOL... grrrr. I still had fun.

{{gwi:203251}}

Here's another orchard near Vacaville. I actually like this one! Inner critic silenced. Good!

{{gwi:203252}}

This is near Emigrant Gap on I-80.

{{gwi:203253}}

This is playing with photoshop, fwiw the original, again taken in the pouring rain, looks pretty similar. I like the way the roadway disappears into nothing. The road disappears in the original as well, so I don't feel too guilty.

{{gwi:203254}}

This one is Kodak Portra 800. I set the black point and the white point in PS. Otherwise, that's it.

{{gwi:203255}}

This is Point Reyes. That flock of birds is always right there. I could drive out there right now and they'd be there. Slide film, so I had to choose the beach or the sunset. This is the only time that I've ever been there that the water was so calm.

{{gwi:203256}}

Comments (12)