Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
30 minute workouts

Posted by bellarosa z4-5/IL (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 25, 08 at 23:31

Hi,
Does anyone have any suggestions for a quick 30 minute workout? I have a long commute and I'd like to, when I get home, do a quick 30 minute work that's a good mix of cardio and weights. Any suggestions? I'm trying to tone and shed a few pounds...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 30 minute workouts

• Posted by catkim San Diego 10/24 (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 26, 08 at 15:10

Walking is always good and anyone can do it anywhere. Even better if you can find a hill to go up and down. Find a stadium or other outdoor place with many stairs, go up and down, carry a water bottle in each hand. 30 minutes will be a veru good workout on stairs.

o

I walk my dog and collect aluminum cans while I do. My rule is I have to fill one Walmart bag with crushed cans. Everytime you pick one up, do a squat. I used to be really trim when I did this. My walks got longer and longer and my goals changed until it was "30 cans" etc.

o

Nice idea to do the can pick up, but in NYC you could probably find 30 cans in about 5 minutes. Catkim has a great idea but be careful going down the hills and steps.

When my father was 50 he had a heart attack. Doctors said to do some aerobic exercise but that generation didn't get it. I was about 18 and figured I better take precautions so I started running and did several miles a day for about 30 years until last autumn when I was in Lake Tahoe and I ran down a mountain. Halfway down I got shooting pains in my right knee and could hardly walk for a few days. I tore the cartilage and decided to take some time off. Now I bike for about an hour a day but it's not the same. But every doctor I talked to said that going downhill or down stairs is harder on your knees than going up. So by all means do it - but take it easy on the down side even tho that's where you feel like going fastest.

Anyhow, incorporating some daily exercise into your life is a great idea at any age. good luck to you.

o

I have a 30-minute workout to develop my 6-pack abs. With my strong work ethic, I can now finish one in 25 minutes. And my abs have developed to the point I can rest a can on them leaving both hands free to garden.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here