This Is Not Happening To Me

:)

It got up to 80 degrees today.

Consequentially, I found myself whining that it was "hot."

OMG. LOL.

I've only been here 19 months.

My, how quickly we get spoiled.

At work I roll my eyes when people who live on the bay say Vacaville is "hot."

I'm like... you have no idea of what hot is.

And now, this... finding 80 to be insufferable.

OMG. Surely it's a sign that the end is nigh.

I fear I shall faint.

MichaelAT

Comments (13)

• darbardi
    16 years ago

Humidity kills me. When I worked in NYC even 70 was unbearable with high humidity

• carla17
    16 years ago

I can't tolerate humidity. That's why it's so s&&&& here. Heat is okay but not 100. Don't faint my darling!

Carla

• aprille
    16 years ago

lol Michael, I was saying the same thing yesterday! I come from the tropics, grew up with high humidity and heat, 8 years here and I can't bear 80 degree weather! I was chatting with my little sister who lives in Australia and complaining to her about how hot it is - so she wanted to know exactly what the heat was, when I told her she burst out laughing - at me! lol

I guess we do get spoiled here.

Aprille

• petaloid
    16 years ago

Your body should acclimate to the new conditions, eventually.

I went from SoCal to southern England and even got used to that interminably cold/damp weather (not saying I liked it). When I came back here, I didn't need as much as a sweater for an entire year. (Eventually my blood thinned out and I did feel the cold again.)

• kathwhit
    16 years ago

MAT--Just back from your old home NOLA. It was 84 and 75% humidity. I thought I would die coming from Oregon where it was mid 50's and raining (but not high humidity). Finally on Sat, it cooled to 70's and the humidity went down. I had to laugh at the weather report that said "be sure to take a jacket" Ha ha--I guess it is all relative!
    BTW, had a great time and DS is going to Tulane so I will get to visit again.
    Kathy

• paparoseman
    16 years ago

Last May I was in the Sacramento area and heard the weekend weather forecast. The weather will not be summer like with high temperatures in the mid eighties. I laughed at the statement coming from an area where those temperatures were two months away.

Lance

• User
    16 years ago

I like the heat I like the cold just the transitions in late February early March and Late November that seem to get me. Enjoy it Michael perfect rose weather.

• ronda_in_carolina
    16 years ago

The older I get the more I love the heat and hate the cold. I used to live in Ohio and for yearsssss I never wore a jacket in winter here.....well....unless I just wore one for "pretty"

;o)

Drink some good ol Southern sweet tea....that will refresh ya!

Ronda

• carla17
    16 years ago

Hi. Please e-mail me.
    My e-mails to you came back to me.

Carla

• michaelalreadytaken
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Carla. I can't imagine what's happening with your email. Mine seems to be working fine but who knows?

Whatever it was, just try again or post it here and I'll check back later.

TC.

MichaelAT

• kittymoonbeam
    16 years ago

It was in the 90s a few days ago here and the wind was blowing. All the thin petals on the bourbons and Austins got dry and brown on the edges. Some roses like S. Malmaison dried tight in a ball and refused to open. Luckily, that is past and the remaining roses are looking better. I can't complain- at least there was no Easter freeze here like there was for some people last year.

• Jean Marion (z6a Idaho)
    16 years ago

When I lived in Pinole, 95º would kill me. We would have every fan in the house on and doing anything seemed impossible. Living right off of the Bay definitely made a difference... When it was time to go running, the only time you could go was early morning or after dark...

Now I'm in Idaho and 95º is nothing. Now 108º seems unbearable, like I'm standing in front of an oven with the door open. A totally different kind of heat... Thank GOD for air conditioning!

This week, it got over 70º and I went into the greenhouse and it was over 100º in there. AWW!! I couldn't believe it, opened it up wide and the heat disappated quickly...

Shorts and tank tops... the clothing of choice during a hot day... finished off with sunglasses and a cool soda.

• mendocino_rose
    15 years ago

I'm always complaining about my Bay Area friends. They whine about the cool mists and ocean breezes and are jealous about the summer warmth in the town south of here, Ukiah. One day at 96 to 100 degrees usually cures that if only for a short time.