Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I have some good news!

Posted by purpleroses SanDiegoCA (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 8, 09 at 4:15

I just have to share the best news we've received all year.
My son was accepted to a program for gifted high school students to attend classes at Stanford University this summer. It was extremely competitive and they only accept a small number from all over the world.

He's our oldest (16) and will be staying on campus taking Quantum Mechanics and chances are he could make it into Stanford when he's ready for college .. although it is more than 600 miles away :( But it is really hard to get into ... they took just over 7 percent of the 30,000 applicants this year and turned down over 1,000 valedictorians from what I've heard.

Our son ranks #1 in his class of some 700 tenth-grade students at his high school with a 4.6 gpa already and he plans on taking 5 AP courses next year. He's also working on his Eagle Scout rank. He's also doing Track, Academic League and Community Service clubs. He even volunteers at the local library helping kids with the computers.

I'm just feel so fortunate to have such a great teenager. He works so hard!

Enough bragging ... thanks for reading.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I have some good news!

Congrats, you are very fortunate.

Carla

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 9, 09 at 1:19

Thanks for sharing that, you must be very proud - and rightly so! We hear more often about kids 'gone wrong' - how great to hear of yours getting started with feet so firmly planted. Congrats to him, and to you :)

o

Wow, I don't even know what quantum mechanics is -- what a smart son you have! I hope he enjoys the summer program at Stanford.

o

What a wonderful opportunity! I am very happy for you as well as your son. I hope you keep us posted on his progress.
Sammy

o

What a fabulous opportunity for your son! I'm so happy for both of you.

o

It is wonderful to hear such great news----You have every right to be proud of him and the job you have done raising him.

I wish you and your son the best of everythig..

Please keep us posted so we can all share in his success.

I agree with what Morz8 said-----

Florence---

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here