Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
outside bridal shower ideas!

Posted by andrewlina Z5 (gardenweb4um@yahoo.com) on
Thu, Apr 19, 07 at 6:56

My sister is putting on an outdoor bridal shower for my niece. I need some ideas,nothing to "over the top",as budget is minimal. She is having it at an outdoor pavillion at our local park and is looking for ideas,such as games,food ideas... Put your thinking caps on guys! Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: outside bridal shower ideas!

How about pretty shower favors? Something we did when my sis got married & budget was limited.

You will need:
1. White veiling material.(Or your choice of colors) It is inexpensive.
2. Jordanian nuts, or pastel colored chocolate mints if the Jordanian nuts are too $$. You can buy both in bulk at a Sam's or Costco.
3. Some white ribbon
4. Wedding Bands, you can find them in the bride's section of a fabric or hobby store. They come in either yellow gold or white gold. They come 25 or 30 per pkg.

Cut the veiling into little squares, maybe 4" x 4".
Place a little bunch of the nuts in middle.
Wrap the veiling material up & twist, then tie the ribbon w/ 2 of the rings on it. Tie in a little bow.

When you have the right amount, place in a pretty basket that you've decorated & Walla! you are all set!;)

Kids love making these so get lots of little helpers! Watchout for sneaksters that eat the stuff though!

Super fast & fun to make. If you have time you can also include a little names card or something w/ the bride's & grooms name on it.

Betty

o
RE: outside bridal shower ideas!

One of the cutest ideas I've seen is a "design the wedding dress" competition done with toilet paper. If it's windy it might not be good :), but we had a lot of fun with it.

Lisa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here