Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
reassure me...

Posted by pagan 8b (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 24, 07 at 8:44

I am wondering if many of my roses have gone to the big rose garden in the sky. I moved Sombreiul a month or more ago and haven't seen hide nor hair of any green things from her stump; Puerto Rico, who was just a little 6 inch stem with a few leaves, got stepped on and broken off; Marie Van Houtte got chomped to the stump by a deer; and Jaundice Spray and Lady Carolina got freeze dried! Wondering if I will see any signs of life out of any of these, or should I write them off and begin thinking about replacements... It has been at least 2 weeks for many and more like a month for the rest!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: reassure me...

Have you thought about digging up Puerto Rico and potting it so you can baby it? Jaundice Spray, never heard that one, what a name! JS and Lady Carolina should be fine once they shed the crispy leaves if they have that. Sorry I can't offer more help without seeing them.

Carla

o

C - actually, I put Puerto Rico in the ground cus he WAS in a pot and I was ignoring him!! he was doing ok until the garden criminal stood on him while relocating Bonica!! Poor Bonica, she and Sombreuil have been moved so many times they qualify for frequent flyer miles! jaundice Spray is Jaun Despres(sp?).... you know, sort of like Clotted Soup is Clotilde Soupbert?!

o

Well, at least you have your sense of humor, lol! I never know mine are dead until they've looked that way for eons... I really am an optomist, lol!

And I'll take another opportunity to mourn the passing of wee Crepusule... waaaahh! Of course, one I wanted so badly for years. She betrayed me, I swear! I tried being good to her. Dunno what happened.

We'll meet again some day ;]

o

Take a knife and gently scratch them.If it isn't green under the outer layer-its dead.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here