Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
diane_nj

Making Me Happy Today...

diane_nj 6b/7a
16 years ago

And it ain't easy but...

New music: The Soul of John Black's "The Good Girl Blues".

Linkin Park's "What I've Done" (not great LP, but any LP is better than none)

Citizen Cope's "Brother Lee"

Tracy Thorn (Everything But The Girl), "Get Around To It"

Old Music:

Robert Palmer's "Sneakin' Sally Through The Alley" (entire album), "You Overwhelm Me", "Give Me An Inch". Oh, that man could sing!

Tower of Power's "What is Hip"

The semi-famous car-hop restaurant in this area is now open for the season!

Oh, and the nearby garden center asked me if I wanted to work part-time in the rose department in May. Hmmmm....

Comments (22)

• michaelalreadytaken
    16 years ago

A rediscovered Enya CD.

The Mamas and The Papa's greatest hits (new to me): Wal Mart $5.99

Driving to work this morning through American Canyon and having my spirits inexorably lifted by the fog trapped on the mountain tops--like driving into magic.

A gold star next to my name in the office where everyone's name is listed. I have no idea of why it's there but it's one of three gold stars on a list of seventy names.

:):):)

MichaelAT

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    16 years ago

:)

I got my cast off, got my cast off, yeah, yeah!!

8 months of blanket fuzzies sticking to it, and inability to do so much that required thumbs. Before the sweaty sweaty days come again... yeah!

The arm/thumb is skinny and tight but twill do. Now to stop opening pill bottles and jars with my elbow...

• kathwhit
    16 years ago

Road trip with DH. East down the Columbia Gorge to Pendleton, south to John Day fossil beds and digging 30 million yr. old metasequoias, west to Madras and Lake Billy Chinook and then home. A 3 day journey of history and gorgeous scenery and it didn't even rain. Ahhhhh! :-)
    K

• pete41
    16 years ago

I fed the bait monkey[bought more fishing tackle].Didn't need it but if you think rosarians like to spend on their hobby,they pale in comparison to fishing nuts.

• User
    16 years ago

Sitting absolutley still in the gaden without lifting as much as a finger all day.....sun beeze bliss!

• kathy9norcal
    16 years ago

May I chime in?
    Emusic.com, where I download 65 songs per month for a reasonable price. The best music you never heard. I went from someone who bought maybe one cd once a year to someone who listens to music all the time. And loves it. Too many current favorites to count. Went through different phases--Irish, African, reggae, rock, alternative, folk, etc.

Renting tv series from Netflix. Sorry, had to buy the entire Six Feet Under (5 years worth) after the first disk. Now watching Nip Tuck. Totally ethic-less folks but fun, nevertheless.

A book I can get lost in totally. Try Paranoia by Joseph Finder, Snow Queen by Alice Hoffman.

Starbucks 12 grain bran muffins. Not quite a no no for my low carb life.

Kathy

16 years ago

Today's great, too!

#1 NO CAST :)

#2 Dove_Song was so sweet on another thread... so nice to hear as the day is getting started.

#3 My mind is eased about a huge concern... here's part of an email I just got: "Despite your concerns, there are no problems at all with your marks - this is an intense and sometimes difficult course on which only a small number of students obtain a distinction grade. I think it is probably
    true that the grading system may be more severe than you might be used to..." WHEW!

Now, if my AC were working as it may hit 90 today, oy. But the humidity is good, so even that's fine, eh?

Well, good days everyone, then!!

• kathwhit
    16 years ago

Today, my delicious mug of coffee, music on my favorite radio station and getting the grass cut last night before the rain came. The smell of cut grass and the bird songs were enticing on my walk this morning. Oh! and my daughter got into her college Education program and will have her degree in two years.
    Kathy

• dove_song
    16 years ago

(1) Winding up the day, here, amongst friends. Was feelin' lonely earlier. :)

(2) Didn't do too much stupid stuff today. I hope. 'Course I spent a lot of it sleepin'. :-P And if I overdid the stupid stuff, I'm almost certain I'll hear about it. Folks tend to be real good about that one. ;o)

(3) Mere's sweetness.

Debbie

• carla17
    16 years ago

Blooms on roses!

• kathwhit
    16 years ago

Buds on roses, and no sign of midge. Maybe my treatment worked!
    Kathy

• msjam2
    16 years ago

We came home at 4 pm today, I thought I should turn my compost pile since it has been sitting there for a year and all that I was doing was putting pile after pile of kitchen waste and stuff on it. After reading somewhere how to make the compost "hot", I put some grass clippings on it last week and added some milorganite as well for nitrogen. It was hot today!
    This is my very first compost, it is so exciting! I think by the end of summer, I'd have enough compost to spread around my rose beds.

• pagan
    16 years ago

Hostess Cupcake 100 Calorie Packs - YUMMY!!!

16 years ago

The heat broke!!! Ugh, setting record highs around here the past couple of days. But today is only the high 70's. Now THAT's spring :)

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lilac is blooming! But, way up high. I'm cutting some of those and bringing them inside!

• kathwhit
    16 years ago

Today I have two things to be happy about. 1) Haircut and color-just love having a fresh hairdo. and 2) Band practice tonight. Nothing like playing loud rock and roll with a bunch of cute guys.
    K

• jerseywendy
    16 years ago

Diane, did you take that job offer? If so - where? You know I'll be there, asking you a gazillion questions. LOL.

Every day is a happy day for me. No, not really, but I do try and find SOMETHING that'll make me happy, and there's always at least one thing.

My Lilacs are blooming, too. The scent is heavenly. My wisterias (2 of them coming together over a huge pergula) is in full bloom, and standing underneath them, taking in the scent, listening to the hundreds of bumblebees going to town, hearing their endless "hum" - THAT is happiness :)

Grabbing some awesome "Genesis" tickets sure was awesome, too, especially seeing my husband's face when I told him I got some.

• kathwhit
    16 years ago

Last night I went to see the band "Nickel Creek" and watched the best mandolin player in the world, Chris Thile. Didn't get home 'til midnight. I am tired but happy today.
    k

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    16 years ago

I took Thursday and Friday off because I am maxed out on vacation. I saw a hummingbird in my garden. I found the best hummingbird plants at a local nursery.

The sweet viburnum and the lilacs are blooming. I'll be snortin' spring for the next four days.

The fridge is full of Bass.

16 years ago

LOL

After hoops of Oxford Server Down, Hotmail down, Inbox rules and automated Late Notices ... through tutors and directors and even Dad out in Cally...

MY 16 PAGE PROJECT IS IN!

Whew.

Now everyone from Dad to the head of the department has it, too, BWAHAHA!

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wendy, send me an e-mail, the place not far from me...

Kath, Nickle Creek is way cool.

our local outdoor venue has such boring stuff on tap this year, but I did snag John Mayer ticket when they went on sale. I was hoping for a much better line up, but maybe everyone is going to Atlantic City. But, my local theater has John Hiatt with Shawn Colvin in August and I think I'd better go.

16 years ago

Hi again... my project is now graded [surprisingly quickly], and I got a great grade!! Yeah, yeah, Happy Happy Great Grade Dance ;)

Hopefully this will cheer me during my first mammogram today... oy ouch, or so I've heard.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting