Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Hatfield and McCoy feud: it was in their genes

Posted by anntn6b z6b TN (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 6, 07 at 12:36

OK, it's a slow and cold day, but the attached link is both sad and smile worthy.
The devil didn't make them do it, but does this qualify one side of the feud for ADA status?

Here is a link that might be useful: Be careful whose genes you share!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Hatfield and McCoy feud: it was in their genes

I read about that yesterday and thought it was very interesting.

ADA? I don't know if it should qualify legally, but I do think that it's a tragically destructive force. After reading the article, I am all the more convinced that people who are physically and psychologically healthy just don't have persistent anger and hate like that.

Our previous neighbor (older single female) was a rage machine, and she destroyed her relationships with her family, friends, all of her neighbors up and down the road... When she would direct it at us, it was easy to ignore it because we knew that nothing we could do or say back to her would ever be as bad as it had to be JUST to wake up and BE her on a daily basis. It had to be a completely miserable way to exist.

So, if you were a rage-aholic, and could have gene therapy or some other form of high tech treatment to fix it or at least not pass it to your children - would you? Would it be ethical to try to remove the genetic predisposition for rage from the gene pool?

Cheers,
Michelle

o
RE: The Hatfield and McCoy feud: it was in their genes

I've wondered about the high blood pressure connection before:

At different times, I knew 2 women like that;
they seemed to feed on rage, to love it, it seemed like they were always looking for an excuse to explode.
They both had high blood pressure.

Then one day I had to take a medication that tended to elevate blood pressure.

I was angry all the time, flew into rages...acted just like those women.

When I stopped the medication, I stopped being so mean.

So I've wondered if rage causes high blood pressure or if high blood pressure causes rage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here