Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just wanted to share the last of the daffys !!

Posted by zeffyrose_pa6b7 6b7 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 26, 08 at 16:36

All the early bloomers the big yellows and the pink are finished and these are the late ones

The single white in this picture is an Antique----

My son dug them up from the old farmouse across the street from where he grew up----they were going to destroy the house and plow under these daffys---He gave some to me and some to his sister who was best friends with the girl who lived there

LOts of memories

Here is Pheasant Eye

It is so sad to see them finished but now comes the Lilacs and Lilly of the valley and violets.

Florence

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just wanted to share the last of the daffys !!

These are lovely, Florence. My favorite one is the double one in the last picture with the large yellow center. How nice that you were able to save these from destruction.

Ingrid

o

They're all so very lovely. Happy spring, Florence!

o

I also love the double one on the right. Do you know the name?

I have been ordering these antique narcissi from Scheeper's, I forget the name as the catalog is not here. But they are a very double, albeit smaller, creamy white flower that is so incredibly fragrant. They bloom late too. This is the time of year I wish I had ordered lots more bulbs!

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 27, 08 at 11:47

Florence, those are beautiful. I love the whites, pinks, colors other than yellow - not that I don't like the yellow too!

We have a bulb farm just a half hour from here and the cut flowers are the by-product, they sell them by the armload really cheaply and I take full advantage of that. Now if I could just remember to go back in Fall and get the right bulbs to plant ;)

o

These are really lovely, Florence. In the first pic the bloom on the right really resembles a rose!

o

Very pretty Florence. DW loves daffodils and buys them potted each spring. When they are brown and droopy, she gives them to me to plant.

It looks like you are back in action. How are you feeling?

Harry

o

What would we do without daffodils? The happy flower in the cold weather.
Thank you Florence.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here