Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I am off to Ireland...

Posted by pagan 8b (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 3, 07 at 17:01

GUESS WHAT IS BACK IN THE BACK YARD, NEXT TO THE PORCH???!!! As soon as I saw the scaly critter, I grabbed up Max and ran next door... good neighbor with an axe in hand right behind me, we raced back to the scene... no snake in evidence. Am off to research black snakes-who-lay-under-and-around-back-porches-planning-various-and-sundry-ways-to-gobble-up-fluffy-orange-puppies-and-chomp-on-tender-pagan-flesh. If I was still a cop and had my cop toys, I woulda NAILED that puppy with my Glock the very first time I clapped beady eyeballs on him!!! Ron said he is bringing home a shotgun loaded with snake shot... I *KNOW* snakes are our friends (when they aren't biting us and trying to gobble up our orange puppy dogs) but they give me the willies!! AND the shudders!!! And the creeps!

ok, so being a conservation and environmentally minded individdle, I am researching black snakes. If I can't beat the legless wonder, then perhaps I can learn more about him and not fear him so much. When is the next serpentine sensitivity training class???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I am off to Ireland...

To Ireland:
No snakes,
No fire ants
No rose rosette
great Roses
great greenery
and if your grandparent was borne in the olde country, you can get Irish citizenship.

o

We have a black snake with a green stripe that lives under the shed and hangs around the garbage cans.Fran went out to put something in one of the cans and the snake said ''mornin'' and she said``mornin''.I dread what would have happened if it had been a rat or a mouse that greeted her.This was this morning.
A couple of years ago I jumped on my bike and took off.Felt something tickling my left hand,looked down and saw it was a small snake.I put it in orbit with a rocket shot and let out a scream that could have been heard on the moon.
Watch out Pagan,you never know where they are.

o

I have used, don't laugh, Irish Spring soap and moth balls both to deter them from my yard. I never heard that about Ireland but now it's a laugh cause the soap is Irish.

Carla

o

• Posted by jody 7b - NC (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 4, 07 at 12:52

I SOOO wish that snake lived with me instead of you :-)

o

I'm sorry you are so afraid of snakes, but had to laugh at your post. Yikes, you are bringing in the big guns (so to speak).

I think I told the story of my brave (ha) DH. My daughters used to have their bedrooms in an attached room that was at ground level. One day my older daughter left her door open in the morning and when she came home in the afternoon, two garter snakes had curled up in a corner to take a nap. When I got home from work, my DH, two daughters and toddler son all came running out in a panic to greet me yelling "there's snakes in Emily's room". I couldn't believe how scared they were. I went in, grabbed the snakes, one in each hand and carried them out to the woodpile while my "brave" family was screaming and ooohhhing behind me. You'd have thought I was carrying a dead body! Anyway, I an now the official "snake catcher". (personally I like having them around). Good luck in discouraging the black snake from living near you.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here