Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pita bread pizza

Posted by pete41 9ab FL. (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 4, 07 at 17:51

Get some really good pita bread[ours is greek]slather on the pizza sauce,some black olives,meatballs,mozzarella cheese or whatever toppings you like,heat in a preheated oven at 400 for five minutes.
Healthy,quick,ideal size for an adult and tastier than any home pizza I have had.
I know no one will see this but its so good had to post anyway-lol.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pita bread pizza

And, Pete, add a light sprinkle of oregano. Those pizza sauces are missing the "pizza" taste: oregeno.

I've never made it on pita bread, but my son and I buy those packaged pizza dough things and add all our favorite toppings (plus oregano)--much better than any pizza from big name place! I might try your pita idea also.

Good to see your post. I was just thinking when I whizzed over here that I wished you'd post more often. And there you were!!!!!!

I'll bet you get more responses than you think, Pete.

: )

Kate

o

tiny drizzle of olive oil less tomato sauce a little goat cheese and some artichoke hearts mnnnn

o

Oops,I forgot to mention best to use the good stuff without the pre-cut pocket.

o

What a great idea! Keep some pizza sauce on hand and freeze the cheese and pita bread and it could be a good emergency meal. Going to give it a try.

o

They all sound good enough to try.

o

Or just have some dough in the fridge. We usually have some for exactly that kind of meal - quick pizza type stuff. And of course if you're using olives, you don't buy them in cans! Get real olives that taste good - you may need to pit them first. We just keep them on the side. And now that summer's here, you use tomatoes that you grew rather than some sauce. If you have too many, it's easy to dry them in the oven rather than the sun and you have "oven-dried" tomatoes for your pizza.

o

• Posted by catkim San Diego 10/24 (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 5, 07 at 11:59

Thanks for the grocery list inspiration! It's fun to get creative with pizza toppings. I admit to a weakness for bbq chicken, smoked gouda, red onions & cilantro.

o

For thin crust lovers, wheat Tortillas work for this as well. I spray Pam on foil and place the Tortillas on it and then load up the ingredients. Also low in calories.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here