Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zeffyrose

Prayers needed for Celestialrose-----

zeffyrose
16 years ago

Celeste will be going to Boston for surgery on the 9th--

She is one of the nicest ladies here on the forum.

I know how much you all helped me during my past surgeries etc.

Celeste's mother is also in a nursing home which is upsetting for her and we all know about her problems with her daughters.

I'm sure she will appreciate all our thoughts and prayers

Thanks ,

Florence

Comments (18)

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Celeste is a lovely lady who grows the most beautiful roses. I'm so sorry that her personal life now is fraught with worries and sorrows. I sincerely hope that all will go well with her and her family.

Ingrid

• debnfla8b
    16 years ago

Oh Celeste.....

You know you have prayers going up for you from Florida my love!!! And I'll pray for your darling Mama...what a sweetheart!

Hugs and kisses sweet Celeste!!!

Deb

• kathwhit
    16 years ago

Celeste: My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know you have been going through a terrible time, but may this be the start of a time of healing and renewal.
    Sincerely
    Kathy

• celeste/NH
    16 years ago

THANK YOU, Florence....Ingrid, Deb, & Kathy, for your well-wishes. I have a minute here at work to sneak in my last opportunity to post for awhile and wanted to say I appreciate your support. It has been a rough winter to say the least, but I love all of you and the snow is finally starting to melt (although there's still plenty)....rose season is getting closer!

I leave in the morning for Boston (2 hours away)for my surgery. Wouldn't you just know it.....my very large orders of bareroots will be arriving on Friday! They will be soaking for a good long while. When I ordered them back in early January I did not know I would need surgery. Doctor says I cannot do any lifting or return to work for a minimum of 3 weeks. My DH said he will get all those holes dug for me, but I insist upon doing the actual planting myself because I am very particular about my roses and God help Jim if he plants them wrong....LOL.

To summarize what has been going on with Mom....she fell a week ago and broke her hip....she is 84 and has Alzheimer's and is very frail (85 pounds). The doctor warned us that she might not make it through surgery, but she did and is now in a nursing home, which is breaking my heart. Every night when I have to leave, I wait until I am in the parking lot to start crying....I make sure to appear brave and strong around Mom. She is very confused about where she is and what is happening to her. I make sure to love her to pieces and spoil her as much as I can. She's a special little lady.

About my daughter, Grace....back in November I posted here about how her boyfriend (they lived with us) stole from us and that I had to kick him out. Despite our pleading, she followed him to Florida and remains there. To say that I am heartbroken is to put it mildly. Since she left, she has lost all her possessions which she put in a storage unit up here and which the boyfriend did not keep up payments, even though he told her he was. All her things were auctioned off. Grace worked since she was 15 (she's 22) to buy nice things and to furnish their apartment before they were evicted The b.f. does not keep a job and does drugs, steals, etc. He lost his N.H. driver's license because he does not pay child support for his 2 kids. Everything he ever owned was paid for by Grace and she has always supported him, stood up for him even though he has stolen from her and her family. We are bewildered and devastated that someone so smart, loving, and hard-working would throw her life away for such a loser.
    Add to my heartache, but my "baby", my 14-yr. old Tiffany was raped by a friend's brother and is going to counseling every week (me too) to deal with it. It hurts so much because she did not tell us for a long time (this happened when she was 12). My girls are in trouble, and I am hurting for them. My son, however, is blissfully happy with his new marriage and is a wonderful blessing to me with his love and support.

I told DH that when they put me "under" tomarrow I will be thinking of my roses. They bring me so much comfort and happiness, just thinking about them.

Thank you, guys, for your good thoughts...you're the best!

Celeste

• vikingqueenz5b
    16 years ago

You have my prayers for a quick recovery, also prayers for your Mom and your daughters.

Sincerely,
    Brenda

• anntn6b
    16 years ago

What Brenda said, and prays.
    For your Mom, if you can't visit daily, can you arrange to call her? Just your voice might keep her connected a bit longer. ASK her nurses what time of the day she is at her best and call then.
    With my FIL, mornings are better. Afternoons are addled. Evenings he gets sentences out, but the word order isn't right. For you and your Mom, find out the BEST time. It will give you something to look forward to.
    For your daughters: prayers.

Ann

• User
    16 years ago

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

• theroselvr
    16 years ago

Good luck Celeste!

Sorry to hear Grace's situation hasn't gotten better :(
    I will keep your younger daughter in my thoughts, hopefully counseling will help her deal with it so that this does not affect her later in life. She's very lucky to have a wonderful mom that cares.

Sorry to read about your mom. It's so hard, especially when we are so close to them. It feels like yesterday that I was caring for my dad but it's been 2 years.

Let us know you're ok.

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    16 years ago

Celeste, I'll be sending my prayers tomorrow, and positive energy too. I hope your recovery goes smoothly and quickly, and that you have peace in your family soon.

• veilchen
    16 years ago

Wishing you the best of luck with your surgery.

There will come a time when Grace will realize she can't remain in that relationship any longer and will leave him and be stonger for it.

• dirt_yfingernails
    16 years ago

Best wishes for your medical care. Hope your DD's find strength and happier times.

• twohuskies
    16 years ago

Celeste - good luck with your surgery. And I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's health and the troubles your girls are having. For sure you and your family will be in my thoughts & prayers. Hang in there!

• Tammy Owens
    16 years ago

Celeste, You and your family will be in our prayers. Take care and think happy rose thoughts.
    Good things will come.

Tammy

• erasmus_gw
    16 years ago

Celeste, I hope all goes well with your surgery and that you'll have a speedy recovery.

I know how it is when your Mom has surgery too. I'm glad yours is recovering from hers. My mom was a little bitty lady too.
    I do hope the time will come when your daughter will see the light about that guy. I am very sorry to hear about your other daughter. Such a lot of trauma to go through for you, and you do seem like a sweet person with a great love of beauty. Bless your heart. I think you're a strong person too.
    Linda

• cupshaped_roses
    16 years ago

I will pray for you Celeste and for your strength to endure the grief and powerlessness about your daughters situation. It simply breaks a parents heart to see the children getting hurt. May you recover quickly from the surgery.

Niels

• duchesse_nalabama
    16 years ago

I am so sorry, Celeste, for all of your pain about your daughter and mother. I know that the Lord has answered many, many of my prayers, and I will pray for your daughter and for your surgery.

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

{{gwi:203824}}

Dear Celeste, I am saddened to hear you are still going through a rough time with your family and now surgery for yourself. Please concentrate on getting yourself well first. You are going to need all the strength you can muster to get you through this difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Having the new growing season and your rose santuary to think about when your head is full of other things, will be a good escape when times get rough! Try and go there often, if only in your thoughts.
    God Bless,
    Pauline - Vancouver Island

• artemis_pa
    16 years ago

Celeste, I will add you to my prayers. I have been through much of the same trials and tribulations with my daughters. You are smart to include yourself in the counseling along with your daughter.
    It is amazing. We all find solace in our roses...in our own way.
    Artemis