Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finall Sprin Has Sprung Here

Posted by labrea 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 20, 07 at 20:32

A couple of false starts including the one in the middle of January. I'm glad I had the day off today because I know Brooklyn Botanical Gardens will be packed tomorrow. I had a nice chat with Anne O'Neill curator of Roses what a great person! I've included a link at the bottom for a few more shots taken over the last 2 weeks
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here is a link that might be useful: 2007 Spring

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finall Sprin Has Sprung Here

And spring has finally sprung also

o

OOOOOOHHHHHH--what a gorgeous tree. What is it? Don't think we grow them in Kansas. Lucky you being near enough to the botanical gardens to enjoy such views.

Our redbud trees are usually quite lovely in Kansas in the spring--but the late freeze took all the buds and they look very dead now. No sprunging going on here. Hope they recover.

Hope sprin spruns here soon for good. I've had it with freezes.

Kate

o

Splendid as always!

Thank You!

MichaelAT

o

What a spectacular tree! (And I love it how you waited for the lady with the matching scarf to stroll into the scene.) Thank you for posting the link to more of your spring photos as well - all of your shots are wonderful. (Gosh I love those Siberian squill!)

Anne

o

It's a back pack she had matching sox also and I pointed it out to her when we both were standing under some magnolias later. She said she did it on purpose and visited the gardens at least once a week during spring!

o

A spectacular slide show. Your compositions are wonderful.
Kathy

o

Joe, beautiful as always. What makes your photography so incredible is how you capture the life, the people in their daily lives combined with the amazing beauty of something so simple until you are behind the lens. This group really speaks to me.

Carla

o

Thank you. I just hope you keep meandering around the city and click away for our amazement. My all time favorites of your portfolio are the snow scenes.
You bring back all the wonderful scenes I experienced when I lived in NY for
15 years. It's always exciting to look at your photos and you make me smile while studying each shot. What more can I ask for?

o

Thanks again----I look forward to your beautiful pictures.

Florence

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here