Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just found out where the recalled pet food is going ...

Posted by aprille z9 CA bay area (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 10, 07 at 20:36

it's going to 3rd world countries! My mom is visitng Sri Lanka right now (it's where we're from) and she was in one of the upscale grocery stores and was shocked to find rows of pet food in the recalled food brands! no one there is aware of what's going on here naturally and I think it would be a shame if people started loosing their pets over there. People think that because these are food brands sold over here in the US that it's got to be safe! My BIL is marketing director at one of the tv stations and I just sent him a bunch of articles on what's been going on here - hopefully he can get the word out that this food is not safe. It just makes me so angry that when something is not safe here it's just shipped off to 3rd world countries ...

Aprille

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just found out where the recalled pet food is going ...

Aprille, what a shame that companies and/or people would be so heartless to make money. It's very sad that unsuspecting people will feed that to their pets. Very sad.

Maureen

o

That is truly disgusting.

o

That's awful. Really, really awful.

o

sickening.

o

• Posted by aprille z9 CA bay area (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 11, 07 at 18:28

this was exactly my mother's thoughts too. I sent as much information as I could to my BIL and hopefully they can get the word out.

aprille

o

Isn't it sad what people will do for a buck.

Carla

o

Disgusting.

But I'm not surprised. I'm sure their defense will be that they issued a recall and the merchants chose not to honor it. How about not packaging poisoned pet food in the first place?!

The leaders of the pet food companies involved in this scandal should serve jail time for putting their bottom line above the lives of their consumers. You can't get something for nothing. What were they thinking? They obviously thought they could get the same quality at a cheaper price.

My reply to these people:

"Well stupid you get what you pay for. By contracting out you lost control of your product and ended up murdering some peoples beloved pets."

The emotional suffering caused to the owners of the lost pets is incalculable. Just burns me up.

o

What's worse is that in poorer countries, this stuff isn't just pet food... it becomes people food too.

No joke.

Rob

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here