Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
henryinct

Six Weeks

henryinct
14 years ago

That is how long it has been since I have been laid up with a broken leg. You think you can do things but you just can't. Actually I was outside all afternoon but I can't do anything myself because I can't walk. I basically give orders to anyone I can find to do work for me. I accomplish a lot by organizing people and making sure everything that needs to be done gets done right. I would have made a great slave driver.

Tomorrow it will be back to Yale to plot the next stage of my recovery. I believe it will be another operation next Monday followed by a much more comfortable cast than I have now. I have read a lot of what others are going through on the broken leg support group message board and I really don't have it so bad even though my break is very serious. I at least am retired with a support group. Can you imagine being in a career or just having a very active life with lots of responsibilities and breaking your leg and having your entire life come to a screeching halt?

I used to feel invincible but no more. No more foolish risks. Also I have finally learned a bit about how to delegate. It has been said that the best use of your money is using it to buy time for yourself. This I intend to do from now on which means I no longer will do for myself a lot of the things I used to. And I will appreciate a lot more much of what I used to take for granted.

Henry

Comments (3)