Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Six Weeks

Posted by henryinct 6b (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 27, 09 at 21:39

That is how long it has been since I have been laid up with a broken leg. You think you can do things but you just can't. Actually I was outside all afternoon but I can't do anything myself because I can't walk. I basically give orders to anyone I can find to do work for me. I accomplish a lot by organizing people and making sure everything that needs to be done gets done right. I would have made a great slave driver.

Tomorrow it will be back to Yale to plot the next stage of my recovery. I believe it will be another operation next Monday followed by a much more comfortable cast than I have now. I have read a lot of what others are going through on the broken leg support group message board and I really don't have it so bad even though my break is very serious. I at least am retired with a support group. Can you imagine being in a career or just having a very active life with lots of responsibilities and breaking your leg and having your entire life come to a screeching halt?

I used to feel invincible but no more. No more foolish risks. Also I have finally learned a bit about how to delegate. It has been said that the best use of your money is using it to buy time for yourself. This I intend to do from now on which means I no longer will do for myself a lot of the things I used to. And I will appreciate a lot more much of what I used to take for granted.

Henry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Six Weeks

• Posted by catkim San Diego 10/24 (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 28, 09 at 13:28

Too late to wish you the usual "speedy recovery" then, but enjoy the 'slave driver' position while you can! ; ) Hope you will be on your feet again soon.

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 29, 09 at 1:10

Best wishes for a complete recovery...how did you break it? Not gardening, I hope.

o

I was on a ladder only about five feet off the ground cutting off a tree limb with a chainsaw and the limb came down taking out the ladder and me with it. Not the smartest thing I ever did.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here