Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hello Again, I'm Back

Posted by carlota So. Calif. z.10 (My Page) on
Sun, May 17, 09 at 0:13

Hi All,
I'm sure there are many new members since I've last posted. Although I have lurked for my rose fix from time to time.
We've moved to Upland and am now re-starting my rose garden.
So far I have : )
Mr. Lincoln - Boy did she decide to start blooming like mad, and the basil breaks, WOW!
Just Joey
Golden Masterpiece
Hot Cocoa - one of my mothers day gifts, my good girls!
Rosy Dawn - She took off like crazy after living in a pot at my mothers house for years and finally finding freedom in fresh soil!!!
Old Timer but I am not positive about that one, right color the blooms are more like Just Joeys
Pink Peace
Abbaye de Cluny
and a dozen cuttings rooted for me by my mother which she didn't lable, lucky for me I will be able to compare them when they bloom, I bought her almost all of her roses.

It's good to be back and creating a new garden. My soil is amazing! We found a cute house sitting in the middle of a 4 or 5 acre lemon grove.

My daughters have grown, my older one Kimi finished HS early at the start of her JR year and started College this year. My younger Anastiina is actually doing a combo of 6/7th grade work, she's technically a 6th grader studying Pre-algebra and Chemistry (by choice.!!!)

Due to my back disease I am unable to do most gardening chores but my sweet DH has been planting my roses and enabling me with new bushes whenever he can. He still works down in OC.

Gosh I've missed you all! Now, I will appologize upfront for forgetting whose real names go with their screen names. My medications have compromised my memory. But I do remember so much about so many of you!

A few personal notes to individuals but I would love to hear updates from all my old friends.

Sam, I hope your still around and that your roses are blooming and that your horse is well.

Chantel, Please let me know how you are and how Alexis is doing! Kimi thinks of Alexis often and please tell her that Lexi's Dream is healthy and happy.

Hershigirl, How's your beautiful daughter? I remember her baby photos and she was precious.

Denise, I've missed your wisdom and your friendship. I hope your family is well.

Carol, Are you still here? If so, I owe you a phone call. The best I can say is I'm sorry.

Maria, I hope you are flourishing.

All my old rosy friends please know I miss you all and hope you will forgive my disapearance. I will try not to be so remiss in the future.

So many more folks out there deserve a personal note, but my family is calling for my attention.

I hope to hear updates from all of you! It sure is good to be back.

Rosy Regards,
Carlota

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hello Again, I'm Back

Carlota-----How nice to hear from you----I'm Florence/zeffyrose from Pa----I understand about back problems----I've had three operations since 20001----two hip replacements and one back surgery---I'm unable to garden like I used to but I can still smell the roses--thank goodness---
Antique and rose forum are still pretty active but Conversations is not active like it used to be which is sad----we hardly hear from all the old regulars-- I check in every so often and I'm so glad I saw your post--

Sam hasn't been here for a while----but I'm in touch with her---She lost her precious DH Gary last August---It has been very painful for her--he was the love of her life--
She still has her horse and has added a goat to keep it company--
I'm so happy to see you posting again

Keep in touch---

Florence

o

• Posted by debn 8b NW Florida (My Page) on
    Sun, May 17, 09 at 22:47

Hi Carlota!!! Welcome home!

You have been busy! What a wonderful husband to take care of your roses for you.

We are all fine here. Jessica(daughter) graduated from UWF in Pensacola with her degree in Bio-Chemistry/Microbiology and Biology. She moved to Arizona and is about to enter grad school for her Ph.d in Bio-chemistry and Microbiology. We are soooo proud of her.

I just lost my Mom April 18th and have not yet adjusted to the fact that she is gone! I don't think I will stop missing her.

Glad to see you are back!

Deb

o

OH my, Nice to see you Carlota. You have been missed.

Carla

o

Welcome back Carlota. Some folks have gone, others have arrived. This is still a great forum.

Harry

o

• Posted by carlota So. Calif. z.10 (My Page) on
    Wed, May 20, 09 at 18:28

Hi,
Its good to see old friends again. Florence, I remember your back problems and I hope that things get better. Even smelling the roses is therapy for me.
Mr Lincoln is being very accomodating proving enough flowers for both indoors and outdoors.
I am saddened to hear about the recent losses.
Roses can be so healing but they can't heal all ills. Boy I wish!
It's so good to hear from you Carla, Florence, Deb and Harry. I hope our wonderful forum hasn't changed too much.
Rosy Smiles,
Carlota

o

• Posted by melva 7b/8aTX (My Page) on
    Mon, May 25, 09 at 2:48

Carlota,
Good to hear from you...sorry to hear that you had to down size....nothing else new with me..

o

• Posted by carlota So. Calif. z.10 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 11, 09 at 14:34

It's so good to hear from old friends, and I am happy to hear about your good times. So sorry to hear about the bad times.

I remember this forum as a warm and wonderful community that helped me through some very tough times. The friendship and support was always incredible. One of my favorite days was when we had a GW rose party at my house. Maybe in the future we can do it again. For now I am just happy to be here and seeing the words of old friends.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here