Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lilac time

Posted by labrea 7 (My Page) on
Sun, May 6, 07 at 0:52

Another walk around the incredible Lilacs at The Brooklyn Botanical Gardens I'll do the Bronx next week. I ran into a group of women from Bogalusa and they were absolutely blown away by the fragrance and the variety. The air was filled with fragrance. Now all the Kwanzan Cherries were at peak all the other varieties finished and the Chinese tree wysteria's were blooming. Our tree peonies in Manhattan are in Bloom but none of the ones in Brooklyn were amazing what a 3-4 mile differance can do.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lilac Time

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lilac time

Joe, I'm speechless. Wow!
The lilacs are just tiny green clumps in the leaf clusters here; we've got a ways to go before we see anything like that here. Thank you so much for your fabulous photos!

Anne

o

Breath-taking--absolutely breath-taking. Esp. that cherry flowering avenue--Wow!

Thank you again for sharing your wondrous photos of a scene that people like me rarely get to view first-hand.

Kate

o

Does anything smell better? Lilacs closely follow the opening of Korean Spice Viburnum here. I am drunk on perfume! Not to mention your great photography. Thanks Joe.

o

I love the Korean spice Viburnam and all the other varieties

o

Thank you Joe. I love lilacs and these are wonderful.

Carla

o

Thanks Joe. I know I was happy last week when my lone lilac bloomed, I can just imagine this experience. Maybe next year. Maybe tomorrow...hmmmm...

o

Oh Joe! My favorite 2 lilac photos are LILACTIME 131 & LILAc431. Great shots. RAINBOW is so graphic and vibrant. I love it. I don't usually care for graphically altered photos (coming from the graphics field) but WYSTERIA 7r6 is on my Christmas list for the rest of my life until I receive it. Thank you.

o

Those tulips! They're incredible!

o

JOe---another treat for the eyes---.Your pictures are always so wonderful

I absolutely love this time of year---the fragrance of lilacs and KSV makes my heart sing..

Thanks so much,

Florence

o

Awesome as always Joe. Love reliving Spring, since we are onto Summer here. :)

o

Joe, you at it again....making me breathless. Most beautiful!!!

Brenda

o

So beautiful - thank you!

Would you [or y'all] say there are any lilacs that really look blue, btw? People only seem to grow the purples around here.

o

Joe, I can only add my thanks for your wonderful pictures. My little white lilac is blooming now, and I can smell it all over the yard. i can only imagine the scents of all those lilacs. Your photography is wonderful. It is a treat to see these sights through your lens.
Kathy W.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here