Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pagan_gw

New beds!!

pagan
16 years ago

Yippee for me!! DH and step-daddy removed the privet hedge yesterday and I get to plan new beds - with new roses!! How fun is this going to be?? Half of me felt bad that I couldn't help, but the other half of me felt all proud cus I *DID* contribute the idea in the first place... heeheeeheee!!!

New rose real estate - AND a trip to RU and Ashdown in just a few days!! It must be a sign from the Rose Gods!!

Comments (8)

• User
    16 years ago

Well that is good news! So what are you getting!

• carla17
    16 years ago

I can feel your excitement. It is good news to get a new bed!

Carla

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    16 years ago

Congratulations!! That IS good timing... you know those roses are going to be screaming to you at our SC nurseries. I can hear them already!

You have to tell me the secret to putting the guys to work, lol. Just teasing, but hedge removal is a special gift indeed!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    16 years ago

Oh, do I envy you, Pagan. I'm out of space. Every once in a while, I fantacize razing my neighbor's house and garage and making his yard into my new gigantic rose bed. Course, I guess I'd have to buy his property also. Not up to another mortgage now that my house mortgage is all paid up--so I guess I'll have to live vicariously through your new rose bed. Keep us updated on it.

Kate

• pagan
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks ya'll! I knew you guys would appreciate the thrill of it all!!

Meredith - the main thing I did was promise (and pay up!) pizza for lunch. far be it from MOI to play the "I could do it myself but it will kill what's left of my back and lay me up moaning and groaning for weeks" card!!

OKI am so open to suggestions! Naturally, Teas, Chinas and Noisettes, maybe the odd Bourbon thrown in - no-spray only cus it is too hot to spray!!

• zeffyrose
    16 years ago

FIRST JUST LET ME SAY----I'M PROUD OF YOU FOR RESTRAINING YOURSELF AND PROTECTING YOUR BACK. I have to keep reminding myself not to abuse my back.---I'm sure you wanted to pick up that shovel and dig .
    You will be happy in the long run.
    Can't wait to see what you will be doing with this new space----
    I just know it will be beautiful.

Congratulations.

Florence

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    16 years ago

It sounds so pretty! You might look up yews for the hedge... I have some of the more upright ones, and they are a gorgeous dark green with red berries at Christmas when the roses are sleeping here.

Oh I have some ganormous boxwoods I want to donate to somebody sometime... cut 'em way back and get a bunch of roots? Don't know how it would work, but they are very huge and robust and old and I can't bear to just kill them. But one only needs so many 80 year old boxwoods right by their foundation, lol ;]

Let me know if you want me to try to rip up some suckers and bring them to RU... [or not, I'm crazy gardening and will try lots of silly stuff once or twice, just to see...]

• kathwhit
    16 years ago

Wonderful news. I can't wait to see pictures!
    Kathy