Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Update on back surgery------WHOOPPEE -------

Posted by zeffyrose_pa6b7 6b7 (My Page) on
Mon, May 24, 10 at 10:40

I'm WALKING without a cane-----It is so wonderful to walk around the garden and the roses are putting on a very fragrant show this year----
I will be very careful for the rest of my life----no digging or twisting-----but I will not complain--just enjoy the fact that I can walk
Last week-end we went to grandson's graduation from Penn State----
Followed Dr's orders----we got out and walked every hour on the 4 hour trip -I was so happy that I was well enough to enjoy this milestone---
It has been a longer recovery this time----and I did get discouraged at times but finally I no longer need a cane or walker---I'm thrilled !!!!!!

Hope everyone is OK and sure wish people would post more--I miss all the old-timers--

Be back later---

Fondly, Florence

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Update on back surgery------WHOOPPEE -------

Congrats Florence! That is great news!! I figured you must be doing well when I saw the pictures you posted of roses in your garden. Now don't over do it!!!

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Wed, May 26, 10 at 12:26

Florence what wonderful news! This is a very long road you've been traveling - I just couldn't be happier to hear you are getting the results you'd hoped for. How does it feel to have both hands free when you are up and moving without a cane or the walker, must be liberating :)

And congratulations on your grandsons graduation, you must be so pleased not to have to have missed that weekend!

o

Florence, how wonderful!!!!

You were always so kind to me when I posted stupid questions, so whenever I go to bed at night I always pray to my Father to bless the kind lady in PA.

Take good care,

Audrey

o

I am so happy for you, Florence. You have surely had a difficult road and to think of you being able to walk freely (if carefully) again is wonderful! Congratulations. Have a wonderful spring,
Kathy

o

Great news, and I'm glad you can get out and enjoy your pretty roses!

o

Great news Florence, sometimes at least parts of the clock can be turned back So glad to hear you can enjoy some of life's pleasures personally once again.

Lance

o

Wow! What lovely news, Florence. I'm very glad to hear you are doing so well. You are such a sweet lady, and deserve the best.

o

Thanks for all your kind remarks-----it is so nice to hear from all of you nice people--

It is wonderful to be able to walk around my garden and smell my lucious roses.

Sure wish we could get some more action here on conversations----

Florence

o

Florence, I rarely visit the Conversation forum, but I'm glad I did this time. I want to tell you how happy your good news makes me.

Rosefolly

o

Hip, hip, hooray!!! This is great news, Florence! You are such a kind, personable lady. I always hope for the best for you, and it looks like you got it. :)

Debbie

o

• Posted by roselvr 6B Lower S.Jersey (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 2, 10 at 8:30

Glad it went well. As you know the 1st year usually does; if anything is going to go wrong, you will feel it in year 2.

I have an appointment at Rothmann in Philly in August. Hopefully I can get rid of the spasms.

o

Hi Florence, I'm so glad that you are more the thing. I don't know if you remember me or not.
How was the grandson's graduation from Penn State?
Cant wait to see your garden!

Angi

o

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

Hi Angi---------I remember you --it has been a long time--GW doesn't seem the same anymore---many are now on Facebook--
I won't be doing much gardening anymore since my second back surgery----I'm lucky to be walking but have to be very careful---------hopefully the roses will survive---Grandson's (Max) graduation was lovely---we had a nice time------
My grandson Eric will be graduating this May ------college is out by Pittsburg------long trip------hopefully we will make it-----
Robyn's divorce still dragging on-------hopefully it will be over soon---It has been very painfull for all of us
Hope all is well with you and your roses will soon be blooming------
Thanks for thinking of me----Florence

o

• Posted by roselvr 6B Lower S.Jersey (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 24, 11 at 17:43

Florence; sorry to hear her divorce is still dragging on; that has to be horrible on all of you.

How is your back?

Where does everyone go on Facebook?

o

Hi Roselvr,

Thanks for thinking of me----Hopefully the divorce will be over soon but the pain for my daughter lingers on---It is affecting her health in many ways---she is heartbroken about the loss of her family life--her gardens etc--
As for my back---I'm still walking OK --still have some pain in the left hip which was replaced before the second back surgery.

How are you doing? seems like many folks are suffering in one way or another--

I'm grateful for the mobility I still have----

I hope more folks join us here on Conversations--

I do check on Facebook and see many from GW posting over there----

Take care everyone
Florence

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here