Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Got a job!

Posted by meredith_e 7B Piedmont NC (My Page) on
Sat, May 5, 07 at 11:20

Y'all may recall that I'm mad as a hornet that my back keeps me from doing things quickly or repetitively, including pretty much anything for about an hour or more in the same position. Some tasks are out altogether :(

Thus, employment is a huge issue. I get calls from my old agents, but they want 40 hrs or even 30, and it pains me to say that "I can't" do that. [Never say can't... yeah, well, what can you do?]

The Oxford diploma gameplan was A] because I still can handle mental stimulation and the schedule is good with my back; and B] it would hopefully allow me to get hired for project work that I could do with many breaks, lying down... whatever.

Well, Dad showed my last assignment to his clients in Los Angeles. The subject was programming for manufacturing processes, quality control, etc. That's what I do at times for Dad already because he does turnaround consulting for manufacturing companies. But we used cool add-ins, formulas, etc. that raised the bar nicely.

Well, they want to give me project work involving this! Can anyone say Rose Money, lol?

It's still a little thing, but it is terribly frustrating to say 'I can't do this or that...' so very much. This I can do, and somebody wants it! Yeah!

PS - I have a ton of work to do, so I may miss a day or two on here, but I'll be back ;]

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Got a job!

• Posted by roselvr Burlington Coun (My Page) on
    Sat, May 5, 07 at 15:51

Wow Mere, congrats! I know exactly where you are coming from and hope that one day I will find something too. I am so excited for you!

So, what will your 1st rose purchase be? I just picked up Pure Poetry from RU along with Daddy's girls, & Amber Queen. Maybe find one having to do with your dad, or one that screams excitement or celebration :)

o

Congratulations Meredith. You deserve it!

MichaelAT

o

• Posted by mjsee Zone 7b, NC (My Page) on
    Sat, May 5, 07 at 22:37

YAY MERE!

I am so happy for you.

Word of warning--you think roses are addicting...STAY AWAY FROM JAPANESE MAPLES.

melanie

o

CONGRATS to thee!! Happy happy rose money Indeed!!

o

Thank you, thank y'all! I knew some folks would know what a monumental little thang this is ;]

Sue and Pagan, I know y'all know the feeling bigtime. Sue, I hope you find something too, but the key thing is not to hurt things worse, of course! My condition just hurts more, doesn't HURT anything to work it, you know? Except the ole liver if too many pain pills are taken, of course.

Oh, I have a rose list a mile long, tee hee hee. More Austins maybe, or more Delbards... Dad loves the orange roses, so maybe we'll focus on that garden again :) I decided to just wing it at Pagan's party on the 12th 'cos I know something will call to me whether it was on my list or not.

MAT, thanks!

And MEL!! It's so good to see you! I was wondering about you and the boyz and if you still buzz, lol ;] Thank you so much. I don't know japanese maples, but man if I didn't aquire a camellia addiction last year, too! If you get a minute to tell us about how y'all're doing, please do!

Back to Logic Gates and Denary to Hex conversions... oy ;]

o

Congrats Mere! So what roses are you adding to the yard?

o

Thank you orchids! I am really excited/proud/whatever ;]

Ooooh, I don't get paid for a while since this is all for their future stuff, and we're going to RU THIS weekend!

I'm sure 2 or 3 will jump out and beg to be taken home, but I'm leaving it to love at first sight, probably, because my want list is enormous, lol.

At Ashdown last summer I ended up with Delbards and McCanns I'd never heard of that weren't on the list 'cos Trish saw a pattern in what I liked and helped... oh my, as if I needed enabling!

o

My hearty congratulations Mere! You deserve it!
Kathy

o

Thank you, Kathy! You know you are a sweety, BTW.

o

Big congratulations Meredith.

Carla

o

YAY!!!
Rosemoney

o

Thank you, Carla and Joe!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here