Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another rose I didn't want

Posted by kittymoonbeam 10 so cal (My Page) on
Mon, May 12, 08 at 12:35

I was waiting and waiting for my Heaven On Earth to bloom and it finally did............as an peachy orangy single! Seems like I've been getting so many mislabled plants these last few years. But I expect that from big box stores, not from a major rose grower. Should I send a picture of it along with a letter or should I just call the company? What is the best way to handle this situation. I don't want another bareroot right as the summer heat is comming on. Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another rose I didn't want

Call or email. I've found it easier to get in touch with most places by email. I'm sure they'll want to know about the problem and will do what they can to fix it although that might mean waiting until next year for a replacement.

o

Call, but...maybe you'll want to wait until you see the second flush? Many times the first flush of new roses, especially bareroots, don't look like the mature version.

Here is a link that might be useful: Heaven on Earth photos at Helpmefind.com

o

I took the advice and waited until the rose bloomed again. More petals this time but still not like the Heaven On Earth I have seen elsewhere. Could this be an accidental sport of Heaven? All but 2 of the canes withered away and I can only guess at what I have. It seems almost like but with too few petals and I wonder if the color is off as well. At least it has more than 5 or 6 petals this time around! What would you do.....keep waiting or ask for another plant now?

o

I'd take some pictures and email the rose grower. They should know what is normal for the rose when it is young. If they think it is HoE, then you might want to keep it and wait. Although if you don't like how it looks and it doesn't sound very healthy, then you might want to get another rose anyway. At the very least the grower will want to know that there is a potential problem and they can take a look at their own stock.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here