Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
4 Buddhist Monks and a Toddler Walk into a Bar...

Posted by meredith_e 7B Piedmont NC (My Page) on
Thu, May 24, 07 at 15:42

...not really ;]

But I did see a parent's worst nightmare on CNN. I bet the film is on youtube by now but my connection is slow, so y'all can look that up for yourselves.

I'll paint a word picture ;] ....

Some museum, somewhere (the news nowadays doesn't mention lots of facts) there is a gorgeous colored-sand 'painting' on the floor, set up as an exhibit with velvet ropes, etc. Buddhist monks took 2 days to make it, raising money or awareness for something the CNN anchors mumbled.

The museum video captures a scene of a woman with her toddler, maybe 2 1/2 years old? She turns her back for a second...

Why do these things happen so fast?!?

Yep, the kid mistakes the painting for a sandbox, maybe a chalk drawing on the sidewalk, and he is in the midst of gleefully kicking sand to and fro when Mom grabs his arm...

Aw, Man!!

The monks wee forgiving, CNN said.

Actually, I was under the impression that it was a Zen technique TO destroy these paintings after they took so much time and effort to create... a great practice to illustate the fleetingness of all things...

Anyway, it was hilarious!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 4 Buddhist Monks and a Toddler Walk into a Bar...

Forget it... my connection is being too whacky slow anyway. Last thread started for me, methinks.

o

Too funny.

Here's one:

Three women die and have a positive afterlife experience ;)

The only rule is that they must not step on a duck.

The first one, almost immediately, steps on a duck and is punished by being chained--for eternity--to an ugly man.

The second woman, following in the footsteps of the first (groan), does the same thing and is also shackled to an ugly man.

The third woman, now terrified, goes along without ever stepping on a duck.

Nevertheless, the day arrives when--in a twist--she finds herself being shackled to a gorgeous man.

She immediately complains and asks: "Why am I being shackled to this gorgeous man?

The answer comes in the form of a unseen heavenly voice:

He stepped on a duck!

o

LOL...oh, that's bad! So funny though.

You should see/read the play 'No Exit' by Sartre if you like that premis, BTW [if you haven't]. Funny, funny, in that Sartre way. Not so much ducks ;]

I may think of a real joke when my headache goes away...

o

I was unfair to CNN... sometimes when running the story above, they did tell the museum, sometimes not.

Headache got worse - Dad gave me a virus he has too and we are both bears at the moment. GW is the only slow website, and I've got 10 million pages to get to elsewhere.

He told me a great joke but it's not fit to post here, lol.

I'm going to go with a Blog instead... then there aren't rules on jokes to avoid, and it's just out there by purpose, not hanging around with such a dearth of people to comment.

Less interactive by design, but the comments section can hold a good conversation easily, too. Not right this second, but after my projects are in.

o

Meredith,

Here's a fantastic blog to get you started:

Snow On Roses

Outstanding depth, outstanding thoughts, outstanding photography.

I guess one could say--it's outstanding!

MichaelAT

o

Hey, thanks! I do love reading blogs. Strange how I find them and don't know the person and never will but become a lurker to their life. Hey, people are interesting, what can I say?

My brilliant chess-savant cousin has the scariest ditto-head blog around but I can't post it 'cos he tracks that and busted me once before: "Was your Indian grandfather a carpenter?" "How did you know THAT?!" ;0) If you're reading this, Matt, I love you you crazy dude!

Facebook has some crazy hilarious Oxford group blogs - and Uni reject blogs! - that are irreverent and thigh-slapping. Unfortunately, Facebook's setup means you can only see your own network's blogs, and that is very limiting. Oh, well, that's what cut-and-paste and e-mail are for ;]

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here