Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recipes for home made cat food

Posted by anntn6b z6b TN (My Page) on
Fri, May 29, 09 at 17:22

Now that a significant portion of the feline herd has bamboozled Larry into believing that they will just die if they don't have some moist catfood each day, I've looked at the cost.
It's not that terrible an expense, and I'm not sure that the cats would be happy if moist cat food were served without the sound of a can being opened, but I've got a food processor and I need some recipes for ballanced cat meals.

Ferretface, Taffy, Twitchit, Elf, P.I.T.A., Splash and Clyde thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recipes for home made cat food

You can buy beef and chicken breasts for what Fancy Feast costs. I've fed our cats nothing but raw stew beef, chicken and fish in the past but I don't anymore except when they come around looking for handouts when I'm cooking. I always cut them off some and there are also leftovers you can give them. I keep a bowl full of Meow Mix for them all the time and then give them whatever else we have but very seldom canned cat food. If I buy canned cat food usually they wont eat it but for some reason they love Meow Mix.

o

I don't have recipes but a visit to the pet forum will most likely give you some. I am glad to feed my one cat Wellness pouches and the new Purina Indoor Dry.
PS, love the name Twitchit from Beatrix Potter!
PSS, also glad the cat has quit throwing up for now

Carla

o

I never read Beatrix Potter, Twitchit earned her name because her tail twitches not just when she's irritated but even when she's asleep but not dreaming...no paw and mouth movement.

You should have seen the cats herding Larry into the kitchen yesterday morning. (I know ALL the jokes about the difficulty inherent in herding cats...this was a total turnaround.)

o

• Posted by jody 7b - NC (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 3, 09 at 16:02

I love the herding Larry line. I wish you had made pictures. I'm there almost every morning and all I have are three. I just wish they understood about letting me sleep on holidays and weekends.

o

Your cats are Larry's bosses.
I just want to sleep with our kitty one night. I wouldn't care if she woke me gently with a paw. She sleeps with daughter.

Carla

o

Larry and Taffy have been chasing a mouse for about ten minutes now.
I have not laughed out loud at both of them, but I'm trying to think sad thoughts.

o

I woke up this morning with a headless mouse on the floor next to the bed. All our cats have done this... eat the heads of their victims. Cat food makers should take notice or maybe they have already.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here