Hey Richard---Where are you !!!!

zeffyrose
10 years ago

OK-----I'm just checking to see where you are-----

Florence

Comments (13)

• odie96
    10 years ago

Hey Flo! How are you doing? I've missed you and I hope you're OK. Is Richard MIA? Let me know if you find him.

• zeffyrose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey--Rosemary----so good to see you here----I was hoping to get some of our old crew back here but I guess most everyone is on FB----
    I will call you soon --I promise-----

• onewheeler
    10 years ago

Hi Florence and Rosemary. Nice to see you both. I sure miss the old days when we all hung out here and had our little chats and xmas card exchanges.

Valerie

• zeffyrose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the old crowd responded here----
    we had a great time and made some nice friends
    Florence

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    10 years ago

Florence, I just check here occasionally, but I'm still around - and its great to see you posting, I think of you and wonder how and what you are doing.

This has been a crazy-busy year, we moved the week of Thanksgiving (just a few minutes away), bought a larger single story home with tons of convenient storage on one acre. I must have been wearing rose colored glasses when looking at the gardens in November, because Spring is revealing tons of work. They are way more neglected than I'd realized and I'm making just tiny bits of progress so far. Andy (still working) is beginning to say call someone to come in for initial cleanup, it's overgrown shrubs, lots of ivy, false lily of the valley, blackberry - all tough for me no stronger than I am on a shovel. So we'll see, I may have some help in the garden for the first time before I can start replanting :)

I hope all is well with you, it was so nice to see something from you here on GW - and I don't have a Facebook account :) Maureen

• zeffyrose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Maureen--how wonderful to hear from you---I was just thinking about you the other day----I was once again reading the wonderful book your sent me---It was such a thoughtful gift when I was recuperating.
    Happy to hear you have a new home---I agree with your DH--have somebody do all the heavy work so you can enjoy the parts of gardening that you enjoy----
    I've been doing OK----my gardening is limited (Dr's orders)----it makes me sad but I'm happy to be able to walk around and enjoy the roses-----keep in touch and keep me posted on your gardening progress---enjoy your new home.
    Florence

• joan_ontheprairie
    9 years ago

Hi Dearies!

I remembered my old log-in! Guess the mind is not gone yet, lol!
    I miss you all and I miss my roses. Lots!

Here is my Harisons Yellow, which has survived for six plus years at the farm, with total neglect.

Love from me, not on the Prairie...

• zeffyrose
    Original Author
    9 years ago

How wonderful---this popped up on my e-mail----I hope some others will respond to this---I think I still have have
    Richards phone #----maybe I will try to get in touch with him----I think his area in RI was hit pretty hard with the last storm
    Joanie--you are good to remember your old log-in---I still think of you as Joanie on the prairie no matter where you live----
    We are expecting another storm on Sun.

Hope everyone is doing OK---Love, Florence(Zeffyrose)

• onewheeler
    9 years ago

Shoot, I just posted a big message and lost it.

Joanie I just posted a pic of Harison's Yellow on the gallery page. Great minds think alike. So good to see you again.

Florence I am always happy when I see you. :-)

I wonder if CC still haunts the hot topics page?

I am adding roses to all the gardens around my new home and making new beds. Lots of planning and dreaming. Larry can build the things I need too, which is great, to support the new roses I have ordered. Life is good.

Valerie

• joan_ontheprairie
    9 years ago

Miss you, Flo...Zeffyrose, and Valerie! So much! I wish I could give you starts from my farm, Valerie. Only the hardy roses have survived with neglect, but also some perennials and extra nice daylily clumps. I wish you were closer...I would come help you in your new garden. Larry is amazing and I am so happy for you, always.

Joan
    xoxoxo

• joan_ontheprairie
    9 years ago

Valerie! I cannot find where you posted your Harisons Yellow photo! You may direct me...! Maybe it is more in focus than my shot. Last spring I made bouquets from the farm and took that fragrance home with me. Sigh.

• onewheeler
    9 years ago

Joanie the picture in under the H section that Beth has posted in the rose gallery. I doubt it is much better than yours.

Thanks for the offers of starts from your farm. that would be so wonderful if we were able to do that. I was able to dig out about 25 roses from my Pugwash garden. Of course I have to wait till summer to see how many survived the transplant. Harisons is one of the ones I was able to dig out a piece to bring. The rest are mostly Austins, small ones. The bigger roses that I adored could not be dug out. I have tried to root some cuttings but so far not much success. I wanted to order Viking Queen and Ramblin Red from Pickering but they are not open this year. I have 5 new roses on order too. I might just break down and order from Hortico. LOL I can hardly wait to pick some roses for the house. Larry is building me a few fan thingies to attach some roses to the side of the house around back where we built a couple of new decks.

• joan_ontheprairie
    9 years ago

Valerie, it is so nice that Larry will help you and build you fan thingies. I love your photo of Harisons Yellow...such a wonderful rose.Makes me hyperventilate!
    I sure do hope some of your cuttings survive...you must keep trying! xoxoxo