Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hello everyone

Posted by vjcamp Z7 Ft,Worth, TX (My Page) on
Wed, May 23, 07 at 20:45

It has been awhile since I logged in to Gardenweb. Perhaps, once after Katrina. I am well settle in DFW Area and staring to get back to gardening. Are there any other New Orleanians around? or even some that are back HOME? I really never wanted to be " from somewhere else" ( besides New Orleans ) but I think I will stay here, I am tired of running from hurricanes. We have had a good supply of rain lately and my roses are doing well- I just don't know their names-they were left here by the former owners and looked like they were 'goners" when I first bought the house. I saved two of my roses Golden Masterpiece and another which I am trying to identify ( on the Antique Rose site), I recognize some names, especially from the postcard/letter exchange we did about two years ago.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hello everyone

Hello. I am sorry to hear about your house but am glad you are happy where you are. Chamblee's is just a phone call away and they have some great roses.

Carla

o

Hi-we were told we could be hit by several on the east coast of florida-if I have another year like ``04''[3canes and a double triple bypass]i'm out of here one way or the other.Might move to N.C.-lol
But we don't worry until the weatherman says its coming up I-4.
Hope you stay with us on talk side-we need more input.
Good luck.

o

Glad to have you back, and still growing roses. I remember you from the card exchange. Welcome!
Kathy

o

Hello, hello! Good to see you! I remember you from the card exchanges, too!

My prayers still go out to anyone affected by Katrina. Texas is great, though! I'm glad you like the area. No-name roses work for me, lol. LMK if you'd like cuttings of various others.

It must be so hard to be away from the place you love... hey, that's what visits are for, though. Do you still have relatives and friends in NO?

NC isn't the best place to run from hurricanes, lol, pete. Depends on where you are, but the coast is out, then, and our weather inland even gets affected with winds and tornados when they make their way on through. Ice storms in winter - things need to be sturdy here, lol. It's a gorgeous and friendly place, though :)

o

Are we talking about Christmas card or spring cards. I did not participate in spring cards.

Carla

o

• Posted by vjcamp Z7 Ft,Worth, TX (My Page) on
    Fri, May 25, 07 at 11:18

I think it was Spring Cards, about 2 years ago?

o

• Posted by mjsee Zone 7b, NC (My Page) on
    Sat, May 26, 07 at 8:16

Pete--I think you'd like NC--but your roses won't get QUITE as big. And we DO get the occasional hurricane...even inland. (Ask someone from Raleigh or Chapel Hill about Fran...no power for DAYS...and the mountains had a bad one year before last...went up through Charlotte...Asheville got flooded something fierce.)

vjcamp--welcome back!

melanie

o

I think it was spring cards, too. I was way late on mine... sorry:)

Hugo got us bad in the Triad, Mel and tornadoes from the Asheville one. But the longest power outage was still from the tornados of 88 or '89... 10 days sans power.

Here's what escaping hurricanes in NC looks like ;]

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here