Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The winner of this years Stella award

Posted by pete41 9ab FL. (My Page) on
Wed, May 23, 07 at 21:55

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Mr. Grazinski purchased a brand new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On his first trip home, having driven onto the freeway, he set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the drivers seat to go into the back and make himself a cup of coffee. Not surprisingly, the R.V. left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Mr. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not advising him in the owner's manual that he couldn't actually do this. The jury awarded him $1,750,000 plus a new motor home. The company actually changed their manuals on the basis of this suit, just in case there were any other complete morons buying their recreation vehicles.
Stella award named for the 81 year old lady who sued McDonalds and won-when she spilled coffee on herself.
You should see the others-lol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The winner of this years Stella award

Pete - that's an urban legend - see here:

http://www.snopes.com/info/top25uls.asp

funny reading, but not necessarily true!

o

C'mon Pagan. Pete is Gospel.

o

I was just trying to get something going in the morgue.

o

Well, if it helps, you had me puzzling over it for several minutes--as in, this doesn't make sense somehow. Glad Pagan cleared that up.

I guess we just aren't the provokable types, Pete. (Did I just make up a word?)

Kate

o

LOL, pete! Hey, the Coffee Woman needed skin grafts... I agree with her!

Yeah, I wanna shake 'em sometimes here... Wakey wakey eggs and bakey!

I'm gonna sing from the Moulin Rouge again in a minute...

I'll spare y'all this time but I really can do the Can Can, from Half Time in High School!! ;]

o

sorry ya'll - my funny finder was on the flux! OK< here's one I read last nite - readeing a book about trapped miners who are rescued and their lives after the experience. One toy company wanted to make action figure toys after the event and call them MINING HEROS! the miners responded along the lines of "HEY! You could start a whole series and have Indians on a reservation, Vets in wheelchairs, double amputees, and trapped miners, and call it Luckless Bastards! I was ROTFLOL!!!

o

LOL, Pagan, now that's a priceless quote!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here