Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is it Wrong?

Posted by vjcamp Z7 Euless, TX (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 17, 07 at 0:17

I went to Calloways to buy a Rose for my sister in Law, for her birthday. I bought her Mrs. Dudley Cross, since I don't have one I bought myself one also. Is that BAD? Does the fact that they were 1/2 price make this Right?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it Wrong?

Nooooo, of course not - (at least I do not think so). I often buy myself something the same as I am buying for someone else, if I like it so much, whether it has been reduced or not, that should not make any difference. Better that, than some things I have done, bought something lovely for a friend, then could not bring myself to part with it and went out and got them something else. I think that is probably worse!! Ooops!

I am sure your sister-in-law will be delighted with this rose.

Pauline - Vancouver Island

o

You did a very good thing, and should be proud. This is too late in the year for a nursery to have a rose as beautiful as Mrs. Dudley Cross. You will care for it, and give it a nice home. You should be proud that you are such a caring person. Also you might want to go back and see if you can save any others -- since they are half price. After all it is Fathers' Day! You either do or did have a father, right? You need a few roses in his honor.

Have fun.
Sammy

o

Sammy - LOL!

o

LOL! If they were 1/2 price you had to buy 2 to make it an even number ;)

I often buy things while I'm getting a present for somebody... nobody has to know who got more, lol!

o

• Posted by taureau 8B South Louisiana (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 17, 07 at 17:39

You do good and it is absolutely fine.

o

Maybe there is something wrong with me, this question would have never even occurred to me. Now, I will admit to doing the same thing as Pauline... ;-)

Enjoy. Life is too short.

o

Absolutely Not!!!

These roses will bring you great joy each and every time you look at them over the years and remember the terrific circumstances by which you acquired them!

Enjoy!!!

MichaelAT

o

You're joining in the celebration :)

Lisa

o

They say that when giving a gift it should be something you want yourself. So I think this is the highest form of a compliment to the receiver.

Pauline-----My home is filled with things I bought for someone else and then just couldn't part with them---LOL
In fact just the other day I was using a blue Hall bowl with roses and I said to my DIL---"this is one of the bowls I bought for you"
She just laughed---She knows me well !!!!!
Florence

o

I do the same thing, Florence. My friends at work exchange gifts, and I have loads of stationery. If I purchase "rose" stationery, I will never give it away unless I buy two. The same goes for Monet gardens, and quite a few others.

I also have a large collection of rose photo albums that I never parted with.

Sammy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here