Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michaelalreadytaken

Odds N Ends PCH Mendocino County

A "little" abandoned rose bush at an abandoned homestead in a state park. There is no water. There are no sprinkler systems, etc.

{{gwi:204466}}

A little path on the beach. Subsea transmission cables come at an Area 51 looking facility out of view to the left.{{gwi:204467}}

The Point Arena light house, the tallest one on the west coast. This point is the closest point to Honolulu on the west coast.

{{gwi:204470}}

The estuary at the mouth of the Gualala River.

{{gwi:204473}}

Some flowers growing wild along the coast. There's a little beach below. The wind is blowing fiercely in each and every one of these photographs. It's brilliantly sunny. It's June. It's cold. Welcome to northern California!{{gwi:204475}}

Do you see my size 10 shoe at the base of this eucalyptus tree? {{gwi:204477}}

It's not an eucalyptus tree but the trunk of this unattended rose is two of my shoes across. Solid. Again, there's no water, nothing. It just grows.{{gwi:204479}}

Another unattended rose in the same park. I want to say it's a hybrid perpetual but who knows? Purple. Intensely fragrant. An absolute survivor in this environment.{{gwi:204480}}

The fence. From here I can hear the seals barking. This is a playground for them. This is Fort Ross. This is where the Russians came to settle.{{gwi:204482}}

{{gwi:204485}}

Comments (9)