Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meredith_e

Making you happy today?

-- Getting my project in literally within seconds of the deadline last night after the thunderstorms here. "It was scary, it was exhilarating, action-packed; I'd go see it again..." Whew.

-- Starting to form a scab on my foot cut, lol. I'm sure you're thrilled ;) I am, actually.

And other things.

I know I posted whether to start any threads and received only feedback or lack thereof that would have me be crazy to bother, but it doesn't hurt anything in any case and I have a minute.

I did like reading this idea for a post a little while ago.

Comments (12)

• pete41
    16 years ago

Making me happy today
    Got up at 4:15 went fishing,got skunked again,worked harder than when I was but-I love to fish and have a little gimmick going that makes it heaven.I sneak a couple of cigarettes when I fish.Can't wait until Thursday when I go again.

• ledaanne
    16 years ago

Pete, tell me it ain't so!!! I quit smoking almost 6 months ago and I think I crave one more now than ever! Will the desire ever go away?? I'm afraid i couldn't stop with just a couple.
    Leda

• orchids2000
    16 years ago

Allegra - keeping my allergies in control until we finally get some rain here to knock the stuff in the air back. :) Also it's Tuesday so we are headed right back into a weekend.

• michaelalreadytaken
    16 years ago

Kittens in the closet. I knew it was time when I started snacking on cheese sticks and sweet pickles. ;)

Kissimmee, our dawg, is beside herself.

MichaelAT

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    16 years ago

The basal break on Rosenstadt Freising (I've only mentioned it 5 times today).

Otherwise, I have to have PT on my left shoulder, rotatator cuff. Might have to go on the DL, and I have a boatload of deadheading to do...

• athenainwi
    16 years ago

My husband said I could expand one of the gardens so I got to make a list of plants to buy (hopefully tonight). I have nothing to do at work and my boss is away at a conference so I can browse the forums all day. I'm actually a bit worried about that as I haven't had much to do for a while but I'm hoping there will be a new project for me pretty soon.

• kathwhit
    16 years ago

Making me happy......only 3 days left of school and then 10 weeks off for summer vacation. It has been a good year, but a stressful one. I am ready for a break and so is my DH. Have a good summer everyone. I will check in from time to time.
    Sincerely
    Kath-

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    Original Author
    16 years ago

---I watched LA Confidential and realized that I love that movie. I love a good movie, in my bones! And I had a crush on Aussie-what's-his-name the whole time. Dunno if that's good or bad but happy will do!

Aaack, Kath, I forgot that you leave us! Have a great summer and try to sneak online somewhere and visit us.

Mmmm new gardens, athena... very nice.

Diane, I like such excitement over a new basal, lol. Sorry about the shoulder! My brother has a bum shoulder at the moment, too.

KITTENS!!? OOOoh, can I come over? Actually, Dad could right now as he is currently in a hotel near you, MAT. Kittens, kittens.... snuggle them for me if the mama'll let you.

orchids, I hear ya on the antihistamine. That's another for my list - HONEYSUCKLE season is ending. Whew. And I used to eat them as a kid.

ledaanne and pete - I confess that one of my biggest fears about my impending trip to the UK is how to go that long without a ciggie. It's weak and h*ll and I can't believe I was dumb enough as a teen to think I'd quit in a year or two. Oy. Pete, get those nicotine-less brands at least, seriously. You know better!

I'm also very jealous of all the fishing, but this is a happy thread, eh? Is jealousy allowed? Well, fishing is a happy thing for you, and I just really know that it would be, how's that ;)

• paparoseman
    16 years ago

The motorcycle dealer called at 4:30 pm today and my expensive Italian bike is finally coming out of repair after ten weeks. What a great fathers day present. The first dealer completely botched the repair after seven weeks so I had to take it to a second dealer to fix the problems the first dealer did.

Lance

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yeah, Lance! We want pics of your bike sometime!

• pagan
    16 years ago

lessee, happy today. thus far, Diet coke, chocolate, and the fact that it rained yesterday! OK

• pete41
    16 years ago

Happy on Wed.
    Out to lunch day

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022