Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carla17_gw

I have to thank our God

carla17
16 years ago

Last evening my daughter and two other girls were hit by a car and the man came back and saw they needed help and drove away. One girl was bleeding on the ground and he drove away. The girls, thank God, are ok. One had to spend the night at the hospital but she was ok last night. I know not everyone prays and such but God was there with those girls last night.

If you pray, please send up a big thank you.

Carla

Comments (22)

• pagan
    16 years ago

HOLEY MOLEY!! I hope the catch the scoundrel! Glad the girls weren't badly hurt! What happened anyway??

• carla17
    Original Author
    16 years ago

They have caught the man. Going to police for a report to find out who the scoundrel is. My daughter and one other girl were hit and thrown in to the air.

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    16 years ago

Carla, I'm so sorry! Hugs to her this morning and tell her she's getting love and kisses from the other coast.

• sammy zone 7 Tulsa
    16 years ago

Carla, I am so glad they are ok. Were they pedestrians or in a car? Hit and run is so terrible. They must have been so scared, and you, how horrifying.

Sammy

• kathwhit
    16 years ago

I said a prayer of thanks. I am so glad they are ok. What an a**h#le to hit and run. Thank God they weren't badly hurt.
    Kathy W.

• carla17
    Original Author
    16 years ago

He lives two blocks from us!!! Police said he was drunk when they arrested him. He is out on bail. There was a witness so that's really good. The witness stated that he saw the man get out of his car, look at the girls and get back in his car and drive away. My daughter asked him for help and he just looked and mumbled. My daughter has a cut ear and bruised foot and big scrape on her back but that's all. The other girl has a broken collar bone and a large cut across her forehead which required plastic surgeon but they are all alive and ok. After court, all bets are off.

Thank you guys for your support and prayers.
    Carla

• carla17
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sammy, they were walking

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    16 years ago

Oh my Goodness!!! You are right that the key thing is they are OK and Thank God, but Oh My Goodness!

That had to be terrifying, too. Tell them hugs from here.

I hope the man gets the book thrown at him? Probably drunk when he hit them, I'm guessing? Drunk driving has to be one of the most despicable things ever.

Keep us posted!

• kathy9norcal
    16 years ago

Hit and run with injuries, too, and he is out on bail? And he is probably still driving. What a travesty of justice. Simply beyond belief.
    Your daughter and friends are extremely lucky. Yes, she did have god watching over her and her friends. I am so happy for you. It could easily have been a different story, as it was for a co-worker of mine.
    Kathy

• carla17
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Kathy, YES, he is out on bail. I got a copy of police report and went by his house. I know I shouldn't have done this but the garage was open and everything very quiet. I didn't care if he caught me. I looked at the car and there was hair in the busted winshield. I HATE the fact that the SOB lives within two blocks of me. One thing we discovered tonight on the report it has something about suspected evidence of drugs/alcohol and beside him it has a 7. Beside the girls it has zero. I hope he fries, I know the children are ok but it's the principle. Stupid ***&&&^^%^*&)))(**&^&%$%$%%^&*76^%$$%^&&^&*@#@_)((*@!@ Wow, that was fun doing that.
    Thank you Kathy and Meredith. I'm sorry for the unfortunate incident in your friend's case Kathy. And don't get me started on people who have been caught with DWI and still drive around drunk!

Good night.

• catkim
    16 years ago

Oh Carla, what a nightmare. I am so sorry your daughter and her friends were injured. That's heinous. Hit and look and run. Sick. I hope justice is meted out with a heavy hand.

I have a friend who was hit by a car when on her motorcycle, compound fractures, lying in a ditch. The woman who hit her did the same thing: peered at her in the ditch and drove away to let her lie there and bleed. I do not understand how a person can do that.

• irish_rose_grower
    16 years ago

Carla, you are so blessed to have your daughter and her friend alive and healthy. Prayers to God for keeping them safe. I am so relieved that all is well, it's scary that you can be walking along and have a drunk driver hit you and throw you into the air. I am so glad all is well,
    Maureen

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

So sorry to hear this Carla. I know you would have been besides yourself when you received the news. Thank goodness the girls are fine. It could have been a lot different, and YES, Thank God!

When I was much younger, a teenage friend of mine, was hit by a car on a rainy evening. She did not survive!

How traumatic for the girls, but marvelous that they are OK.

Love Pauline.
    Vancouver Island

• carla17
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you Catkim, I appreciate your kind thoughts.
    Maureen, thank you. I have missed chatting with you. Hope your summer is going good.
    Pauline, thank you dear one. It helps to share with others, especially when they care. Are you enjoying your roses? I would like to see some more photos.

Carla

• zeffyrose
    16 years ago

Oh how horrible------a real nightmare----
    I will send up a prayer of Thanks ======thank goodness sh is OK but I'm sure she is very upset.

Florence

• anntn6b
    16 years ago

Carla,
    I'm praying for your whole family.
    Ann

16 years ago

Hugs again today, Carla. Are the girls OK with everything? That's pretty traumatic, really.

I'm sending prayers that idiots like that dude get some sense knocked into them somehow, too.

In the Before AA-Dad era, as a kid, I'd call the cops on my dad if he ever drove away drunk, seriously.

We have pretty tough laws on that as far as states go, at least. Call MADD and SADD if you want to see some real fireworks against the dude. I would.

• carla17
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Florence, Thank you for your prayers. God was really there with them.
    Ann, the prayers mean alot, thank you.
    Meredith, how sweet of you! We'll probably go back and see the girl today. The one who wasn't hurt lives nearby and see her alot so.
    I could clearly see some trauma in Natalie, acting very weird and just starting to get back to normal. You never know what type of creeps live in your neighborhood. MADD, think I will!
    What burns my husband up is that he left the scene. Oh well, I will see this through and hope he spends a lot of time in jail.

Carla

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    16 years ago

Oh, Carla, I missed this thread. So sorry to hear what happened. The girls are fine now?

Yes, I would go after that guy with everything I could muster. MADD and SADD at the very least. Hopefully your local authorities will throw the book at the creep.

Kate

• carla17
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Interesting fact: As of today buthead has not reported the accident to his insurance co.

Carla

• taureau
    16 years ago

My goodness. Thankfully they're ok. This could have been the beach, Paris Hilton. Thankfully she's in jail!

16 years ago

What scum :(

Have y'all learned any more, Carla?