Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carla17_gw

Nickels, have you

carla17
16 years ago

Have you ever posted pictures of your pet. I read where you call him Nickel. Do you have any pictures we could see?

Carla

Comments (7)

• nickelsmumz8
    16 years ago

Hi Carla,

You asked for it! Here is Nickel. He's a miniature Australian Shepherd, 8 years old:

{{gwi:204551}}

This is Cedi, pronounced "Seddie." She is named after a Ghanaian unit of currency, to go with "Nickel." She is a fetch enthusiast and here is waiting for me to throw her a disc. She's an Australian Shepherd, now 7 years old.

{{gwi:204552}}

And this is the baby, Mellie, a Border Collie, who will be two years old on Sunday:

{{gwi:204553}}

• aprille
    16 years ago

oooh they are so cute! Thanks for showing them.

Aprille

• carla17
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Nickels, thank you. I love the mini Australian Shepherd and I wish I hadn't heard of one cause I have been wanting an Australian Shepherd. He's adorable. They're all cute as can be!! Thank you for the pictures. I love the brown one for a change of color.

Carla

• nickelsmumz8
    16 years ago

Carla, ha! There are mini Aussies, even toys. Needless to say the politics in the Aussie fancy is vicious regarding these downsized guys. In some cases, they are crossed with toy breeds to get them smaller. Nickel is 100% Aussie. However, he's just under 18" tall andd Cedi is just over 18" tall -- they are a half-inch different in height and 4 lbs different in weight. I would be careful about getting an Aussie in general and a mini in particular because the tricky temperament problems tend to be worse when breeders are fixated on something else (size, color, etc.). You are better off with a bigger Aussie with a great temperament, even if you live in a postage-stamp apartment, if you have to choose between size and temperament. (Nickel is very nice, but he can be dog aggressive.)

There is a fairly active Aussie rescue in your state. :)

• pagan
    16 years ago

gorgeous dogs. I love the big grins on their faces!

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    16 years ago

I missed these! They are really adorable! You've got some pretty, happy pups!

My Istvan doesn't look it, but he's half Aussie+Aussie Cattle Dog. The other half is Chow [looks it]. He likes to guard the place, lol... an understatement as I'm sure you could imagine knowing the breeds :) Listens extraordinarily well, though, and knows the rules to a T.

He did try to round up the neighbor's horses as a youngin. Do yours try to herd anything, lol?

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    16 years ago

Oh, Istvan was a rescue, BTW. And an accident they say... thankfully nobody was trying to combine those breeds but it worked out to be true love for me :) :)

Aussie Rescue... Aussie Rescue.... [subliminally [not] to Carla, lol]