Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ht's $3.95 looking buyable

Posted by pete41 9ab FL. (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 10, 07 at 10:25

They looked pretty good but since I was at the midpoint of my weekly Sunday ten mile walk I settled for a large,fresh,really tasty donut and a can of pop.
Grand total= 75cents.
Was I in a time warp?nope Walmart.
If I had gone the northern route I could have had free coffee at Publix but they charge 65cents for their donuts.
That's a rip-off,they ought to be ashamed of their money grubbing selves.Why I can remember when donuts were 60cents a dozen and they were bigger than the ones you get now.etc.etc.etc. ad infinitum,ad nauseam.Okay I am one of them.lol
Getting back to the roses I have found the low end generics do every bit as well as their far more costly relatives.Sorta like junkyard dogs.Bred to be tough.
Now I am mad, that stuck up,arrogant midget inside my spell check pretended he doesn't recognize Walmart.Everyone knows them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ht's $3.95 looking buyable

down

o

No, no - wait!! I'm still giggling over "that stuck up,arrogant midget inside my spell check." :-)

AC

o

I've bought only one rose from Walmart--Elle--and she is beautiful and healthy. In fact, that's why I bought her. I was walking by all the pathetic victims of Walmarts concrete parking lot/greenhouse, and there was one rose standing up healthy and blooming. I figured it she could thrive in that environment, she had to be a winner in my garden where she would actually get water and food!

It's up to the buyer to pick the good ones instead of hoping that a dead-looking bundle of twigs will somehow undergo a transfiguration in the home garden.

Wish you hadn't mentioned doughnuts. I got a sweet tooth and just remembered there may be one left in the kitchen. 'Cuse me while I go check.

Kate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here