Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathwhit_gw

Goodbye for Summer

kathwhit
16 years ago

Well, this is my last day of school/work for the summer so it's time to say goodbye. I hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing, fun-filled, not too hot, cold, wet or dry summer and have lots of roses to enjoy. I am working at the Community College 8 days this summer so will check in from time to time. Other than that, we are taking a trip to Reno and one to the coast, to Portland to see the Rembrandts (exhibit at the Portland Art Museum) and the Washington Park Rose Garden. Also playing several dates with the band, hanging out in the backyard and at the lake. And sleeping in!!!!! (Although I am sure Freddy will be waking me up for his walk at the usual hour). Love to you all.

Sincerely

Kathy

Comments (12)

• zeffyrose
    16 years ago

HAve a great summer.

Florence

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    16 years ago

Just checking in for a second, but I have to say a big goodbye to Kathy! You'll be missed. Have a great summer! A lake sounds fabulous, as do rose gardens and especially Rembrandts [especially a lake? can't decide]. WIn lots of $$ in Reno!

The gang here all say mammamal kissies to Freddy and lots of swims in the lake [well the cats wanted that part taken out]...

Hope you see this! Have a blast.

• kathwhit
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Mere and Flo! I'm still here (in and out) today. Mere, have a great time in the UK! Take whatever meds you have to so you can be relatively pain free and just drink in the scenery and history. Flo, enjoy your summer and roses. It was great to see your picture on the other thread.

I'm closing up my offices and dealing with transfering files today and then I'm outa here. My DS and DH are already off. Spent 2.5 hrs. yesterday in the emergency room cause DS got his had stepped on at football practice. Not broken, just bruised, but pretty painful. He's leaving for FB camp today, but wont' be able to play much. Bye for now.
    Kathy

16 years ago

Oh no about your son, and before football camp? LOL, happens that way sometimes I hope he feels better soon.

Have a great summer! Thanks for the well-wishes for my trip, too. I'll tell you all about it when you get back.

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

Kathy, it sounds like you have a wonderful summer planned, so have a ball. Hugs, P.

Florence, yes that is a great photograph of you and your family and as someone else said, you ARE gorgious!:)

Meredith, I just arrived back from two weeks in England. What part of Britain are you going to? Would you mind telling me which air-line you are taking? Much appreciate it. If I am too late for you to answer it, then I hope you have a wonderful time.
    Hugs to you and Florence too.
    Pauline - Vancouver Island.

• User
    16 years ago

Have a wonderful Summer would like to see those Rembrandt's myself

16 years ago

Hey, Pauline. No, I'm not going till the beginning of August. I'm going to Oxford for exams and Summer School and then I'll see London before flying out. We are trying to see Mottisfont on one of the half-days at school.

We are flying USAir direct from Charlotte, NC. Dad wanted direct, lol [and fine by me ;]

Where all did you see? You have to post about it, please, please?!

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

OK Meredith I will explain more, but first of all I want to post something that I posted on my bed & breakfast board re the Airline I went on. I just wanted to make sure you were not booked with them first. So I will do that before I hit the sack, but will tell you a little bit about my trip tomorrow.

Anyway, I have to say how impressed I am that you will be attending Oxford for summer school, BRILL!!! .......and you must be too. I am a proud rose buddy for you. It sounds like you will be there for about a month so I wish you all the very best and I hope you do get to Mottisfont. I have to admit I did not know too much about it, and I just looked it up on the net and it looks like the kind of place I would love to visit, it looks fabulous. In the meantime will see you aboard!
    Cheers!
    Pauline

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

PS and then I went and posted it in DISCUSSIONS by mistake - I am tired,
    Goodnight.
    P

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

Me again. I was mortified when I posted my "stuff" in "discussions" by mistake and I posted again indicating that I wished I could delete it or have it moved. This morning it was gone, and I was glad about that.

I sent a message to the powers that be this morning to see if it was OK to go ahead and post it again in the correct forum. (in case I had done something I should not have)

If I do no hear back, I will re-post in this forum.

....ah now for a great rose day ahead in the garden - life is good!
    Pauline.

16 years ago

LOL, Pauline! I bet nobody minded it being over there. I hope your garden day is nice.

Thanks for the 'brill' compliment :) I took tough, if not well-known, courses since I was a kid, so I figured 'why not apply?' And they took me! Just goes to show that more people can do more things than they would expect.

I'll only be away 2 weeks :( I'd like to see more but I have to go back next year for school and the spring after for graduation ceremonies, so we are just doing the necessary this year and seeing how my back does.

Jon in Wessex from our forum helps run the gardens at Mottisfont! You have to see his pics of it if you haven't!

Sorry, Kathy, for hijacking... I hope you are stress-free and enjoying your break by now...

• carla17
    16 years ago

So long Kathy!!! Have a great summer.

Carla