Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Even the dogs have flowered dog collars...

Posted by blossomgirl 10 So Cal. (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 11, 06 at 12:23

I love my flowers/roses-always have since I was a little girl!
Everything I own it seems is covered with flowers-my address book, my couch, my clothes, my pictures on the walls, my towels..well..you get the idea.
Am I the only one or is it just a sign that you are a gardener???
Happy Sunday everyone!

Gigi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Even the dogs have flowered dog collars...

I confess. Yeah, flowery stuff everywhere--even on my dog.

I only have one female dog, found beside a highway 2 years ago, some indescribable mix of hunting stuff. Though my two male rescues are way more feminine looking than Sadie May, she's the girl so has a collection of collars with silk flowers glued on. Even we laugh at this big ugly dog with the big sunflowers around her neck. The giant roses are referred to as the "slut collar".

o

• Posted by debn 8b NW Florida (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 11, 06 at 13:01

Oh no, your not the only one!

I have always loved flowers too. I have flowers everywhere!!! My David even painted me a wall picture of just rose blooms to hang in my kitchen. I LOVE it....just blooms everywhere and all different kinds of rose shapes and colors. It isn't everyone's cup of tea but I LOVE it!

Deb

o

Definitely not...My walls (wallpaper borders), rose art, towels, my journal, my clothes, jewelry....etc. You get the picture, I'm sure. My husband is tolerant of all the rose themed items in our house. He likes 'cozy surroundings, and the beauty of roses makes anything warm and inviting.

A fellow rose lover,
Brenda:)

o

Join the rose club-----LOL

roses everywhere--even my watercolor paintings are mostly roses or houses with roses on them-------good thing I have a DH who doesn't seem to mind living in a rosey bower.

Florence

o

I am the same - just love flowers and roses in particular. I have been making them out of polymer clay since the early 80's. You can see some of my work in my eBay shop - Rose Paradise. There are brooches, necklaces and even bridal tiaras decorated with roses.
I would like to learn the art of silk flower making - very rare this days. Does anybody know of any good books/ tools suppliers for this craft? I would be very grateful for help.
Love to all.
Maria

Here is a link that might be useful: Rose Paradise

o

Flowers everywhere! You should see my offices (I have one in each school) there are pictures and paintings of flowers and mostly roses on every wall. Makes me feel cheery even in the dark of winter.
Kathy

o

• Posted by roselvr Burlington Coun (My Page) on
    Wed, May 16, 07 at 7:10

I try not to overdo it.... Bedding has roses, not red in your face, shower curtain & curtain hooks, toothbrush holder & bathroom accessories, curtains (mixed with solids), napkin rings, pictures & wreaths, mailbox, mouse pad, plates, drinking glasses, decorative boxes, figurines (Kim Anderson), pen / pencil holder...

I would love to have my computer custom painted. It would either be this picture of BPI or this pic of Baronne Prvost... Maybe one on each of my computers lol

o

I don't think it is possible to overdo roses...

o

Maria, that's so cool that you make clay roses. Silk flowermaking sounds beautiful.

Here's my BeeBee [ahem, boy] all done up...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here