Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msjam2

#@$%^ dogs $%^&*

msjam2
16 years ago

So I thought I have some sort of animal in my backyard that doing some damage at the foot of the roses where I just put down some fertilizer.

Imagine my horror when I caught my shepherd digging the fertilizer and eating it a la buffet style, he paws the mulch and then eats the fert. one bush to the other.

No wonder his allergy came back! Grrrr.

Now, his Vet wants to put him back on antibiotics because his bottom is ulcerated again. It's like my dog has lost his brains, when he heard me screaming at him, he RAN to Daddy. #$%^&*($%^!! What a poophead.

{{gwi:204734}}

Comments (7)

• sammy zone 7 Tulsa
    16 years ago

Mine is eating the strip on the corner of the cabinet in the kitchen. I had thought that someone carried something through the kitchen, and had rubbed against it. But no, it was my dog.

They just are not always smart, are they. Does your fertilizer have blood meal in it? I learned quickly that my dogs would go for that.

Sammy

• msjam2
    Original Author
    16 years ago

No blood meal. I think it's the milorganite that he's after. I mix my own batch, equal amounts of milorganite, alafalfa and cottonseed meal.

I was so mad when I caught him, I would have probably ran him over with that tank! (joking of course) ;)

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    16 years ago

Mine like anything associated with poop, lol. It's really weird of dogs, if you ask me.

So funny that he ran to his daddy, LOL! Mine usually try to find something to hide behind to pretend that they were there the whole time, or they come lick me under the chin all cute-like with the best wagging tails! Such scam artists!

• aprille
    16 years ago

Funny things our pets do. We're just learning the damage a puppy can do - first casualty was a gorgeous pair of hand sewn fancy shoes I got back in Sri Lanka - she just chewed right through them this morning before anyone caught her! sigh ... more to come I'm sure. You'd think she does not have a huge basket full of plush toys and chew toys the way she goes! She's also discovered the chicken manure compost I put in my pot's ...

Aprille

• msjam2
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Aprille, there only two things that worked with my puppy when he was teething, huge marrow bones and frozen carrots. I'd freeze the carrots and give those to him at night, then in the morning, the marrow bones keeps him busy.

Come to think of it, I remember Zeus eating parts of the house, I lost my favorite sweater and pair of shoes too. Oh yeah, he consumed 3 calamondin trees, I threatened his life when I bought the 4th tree, his daddy and him had a "talk" while daddy was planting my tree. lol.. ahhh the joys of puppyhood..

• pagan
    16 years ago

what a beautiful boy! Max the Moo, Killer Pomeranian Puffball, Spanky of Butt and Goofy of Brain, was almost a shepherd. Both DH and I had shepherds while we were growing up. Mine used to swim out into the ocean to grab my arm and drag me back to shore! Anyway, we decided that we couldn't guarantee a big dog the exercise it would need, so we got a small dog who gets a workout going from one side of the room to the other.

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    16 years ago

He may be a poophead, but he's a beautiful poophead.