Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (5)

• jannorcal
    16 years ago

Interesting!

When I first read the title I was expecting something along the lines of arthritic looking rose canes w/ hips :)

• michaelalreadytaken
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I thought it was interesting in that it speaks to rheumatoid arthritis and that panoply of immune disorders instead of the more common osteo.

MichaelAT

• alisande
    16 years ago

It is interesting! Thanks so much for posting this. I read up on the product they used in the study, and found one supplier in the US: Swanson Health Products. If anyone's interested, it's easy to find a $5.00 coupon for new customers. I ordered a bottle. Not the cheapest supplement I ever bought, but if it works it'll be well worth it. They claim improvement should be felt in two weeks. That would be very nice...

Susan

• msjean
    16 years ago

It's been known for many generations that rosehips are an excellent source of vitamin C....now this article..... ..hhhmmmmm...makes me think I will finally try some of these recipes this fall.
    Luckily for me , I have lots of Rugosas and plenty of rose hips.
    Thanks for the article Michael.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rosehip Recipes

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    16 years ago

Thank you very much, MAT. I may give it a shot to help stave off the bone-swelly thing I had [BTW HAD! Happy Happy Wrist/Thumb Moving Dance!!] for the future.

I do love hearing of helpful things that are also eaten as food. Rose hip jelly has been around forever. I try to include these foods on a regular basis - turmeric, berries, nuts, certain fish...

Native American remedies for blood sugar problems are another food-helped issue: prickly pear cactus, beans and Cornelian cherries are great to 'take'.

Of course, the actual studies are great to see. Thanks!